Thread: Multivan Tyres

Users Country Flag

Multivan Tyres

It's that time again. I need two (the rears are still pretty good) although doing all four would let me move one of the good rears to the spare since it's still rocking the OEM 2010 tyre with <5,000km on it... perfect but ageing.

I'd need to check the records for this set, but I usually get 50-60k out of a set, currently running Continental Vanco 2 LT - 215/65R16 C but would consider others too.

Historically these have been about $250 a corner and I don't really want to spend more than that. Bonus points if there is any 4 for 3 deals going around anyone is aware of.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Hankook are running (until 30th Sept) a buy 4 and pay for 3 deal on several tyres in their range, one of them being the Kinergy and Vantra LT range made for vans.

Hankook 4th tyre FREE on selected sets

Might be worth considering?

Edit - looks like they dont do the Vantra LT in your size, so Kinergy eco2 is the only option.

I recently purchased 4x new Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 3's (on the same buy 4 and pay for 3 deal) and am very happy with them.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 28-09-2020 at 04:34 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Just bought a new set of tyres last week, Tyrepower WA got 4 for 3 deal this month, less than $1000 for set, I changed to bigger wheels last time and bought the same again, Toyo Proxes C100 SUV 255/55/18, I got 50kkm

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kombi View Post
    Just bought a new set of tyres last week, Tyrepower WA got 4 for 3 deal this month, less than $1000 for set, I changed to bigger wheels last time and bought the same again, Toyo Proxes C100 SUV 255/55/18, I got 50kkm
    Thanks for that, we have a Tyrepower withing 5km of the house too which is handy in Victoria's current stage 4 lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Hankook are running (until 30th Sept) a buy 4 and pay for 3 deal on several tyres in their range, one of them being the Kinergy and Vantra LT range made for vans.

Hankook 4th tyre FREE on selected sets

Might be worth considering?

Edit - looks like they dont do the Vantra LT in your size, so Kinergy eco2 is the only option.
    I've just checked and it looks like there is a HANKOOK VANTRA LT ( RA18 ) which works. 4 for 3 too at $225 makes it $675 for a new set of tyres.

As for the Kinergy, they only have a load rating of 98 which doesn't meet the minimum for the Van (which is 103/104?? from memory).

So I've ordered a set from the local Tyre Power to be fitted tomorrow, it will be interesting to see how they feel and wear compared to the Continentals, but for the price difference it was too hard to go past the Hankooks which are well reviewed.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag

Easy done. Funny because when I was looking for that 215/65/15 size on the Jax website the Vantra LT didnt come up for me, but obviously you found it.

According to the TyreReviews guy on Youtube, he considers Hankook to be a premium tyre manufacturer these days, competing directly with Michelin/Conti etc, so I dare say the difference between the Hankook's and the Conti's will be minimal.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler