Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Multivan T5 Roof Racks???

Multivan T5 Roof Racks???

Hi Guys

I have a 2015 Multivan t5, I need to get some roof racks for it but I'm finding it difficult to find ones that fit.

My van has the metal channel in the roof which looks like a special type of roof rack will fit in.

Does anyone have any knowledge on roof rack numbers / types that will fit these

Rhino make racks that utilise the factory roof channel - all of these models should fit, but only some of the models show them fitted:

http://www.rhinorack.com.au/fit-my-c...08-04-to-11-15

You will find there are several bolts in the recess on the roof each side , you can then buy roof rails bolt them in place and that would allow you to place the cross bars at various locations along the track .

Users Country Flag
    these are good suggestions. We also find the Thule Wing Bars work well with either the lower profile 7.2cm feet or 10.5cm feet

Multivan T5 Roof Racks???-screen-shot-2019-10-10-7-34-07-am-jpg

Multivan T5 Roof Racks???-screen-shot-2019-10-10-7-34-22-am-jpg

Here's a pic of how my Rhino bars sit in the roof channel. I am almost certain my T6 would have the same attaching points as your T5. I think Rhino have a slightly higher load rating (& price...) than other makes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Multivan T5 Roof Racks???-img_20191009_190757-jpg  
    Current: MY18 TRANSPORTER CrewVan, Indium Grey
    Previous: MY10 Tiguan 2.0TSI, Silver Leaf, APR StgII tune + many mod's

Users Country Flag
    Multivan T5 Roof Racks???-img_0575-x2-jpgMultivan T5 Roof Racks???-img_1426-x2-jpg
    I’ve recently had installed a Pioneer Roof Platform by Rhino Rack with extra low feet.
    I dont have the roof rails just the factory channel and mounting points. The installing company didn’t use any of the factory holes and just made new ones to get the cross bars evenly spaced under the platform.
    Last edited by Markee; 12-10-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Where are you located? I have a set of whispbars I don't need. I now have a roof platform.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Yes you are correct - the Captive channel on the T5 & T6 Multivans (standard) and Transporters (optional) is the same.

Transporters may have the Channel optionally, and if they do not, have 4 fixed position fixing points for SWB and 5 fixed position fixing points for the LWB

Quote Originally Posted by MGV View Post
    I am almost certain my T6 would have the same attaching points as your T5. I think Rhino have a slightly higher load rating (& price...) than other makes.

Users Country Flag
    Hi ozgti,

Dont mean to hi-jack your response but do you still have the whispbars?

Can i ask why you changed? I am looking to buy a set of flush whispbars - could possibly purchase off you if you are still looking to get rid of them.

I got a work platform with an awning on each side. We do a lot of markets and trips away so it made sense. Where are you located?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast