Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Multivan T5 Roof Racks???

Users Country Flag

Yakima is also an option, although you're not going to find a platform in their LockNLoad range that's a neat fit for the SWB/LWB roof dimensions. Here's a mix and match job from Roof, Rack and Box - Dandenong South (Platform G 1570mm wide x 1400mm long combined with two 1375mm crossbars):
    Multivan T5 Roof Racks???-yakima_multivan01-pngMultivan T5 Roof Racks???-yakima_multivan02-png

Photos snagged from the Dandy South Roof, Rack and Box Facebook page

Users Country Flag
    Hi All,
    I'm wondering if any of you guys would know if oem VW racks from a T5 multivan (i'm assuming with rails fitted) would fit on a T5 transporter with fixed mounting points.
    I'll attach a couple of photos the mounting feet. I'm wondering if i can simply fix down through the centre hole in the feet, through the lower rubber/plastic smaller piece & into the roof of the van.
    If any of you guys have any thoughts it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thank you kindly,
    Ant.

Multivan T5 Roof Racks???-img_2149-pngMultivan T5 Roof Racks???-img_2149-pngMultivan T5 Roof Racks???-img_2148-jpg

eBay roof racks

Hi mate how you get on with the eBay roof racks?
    Were they quiet, Quite low, did they rust?
    Thinking the order the set of 3 - would you recommend? Thanks

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornishstuart View Post
    Hi mate how you get on with the eBay roof racks?
    Were they quiet, Quite low, did they rust?
    Thinking the order the set of 3 - would you recommend? Thanks
    Yes they are good . Quiet and low. Good price . Do you have the link? They have sets of 2 advertised. But ask them to package 3 and they will post link for you .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendo_VW_multivan_2010 View Post
    Yes they are good . Quiet and low. Good price . Do you have the link? They have sets of 2 advertised. But ask them to package 3 and they will post link for you .

They are aluminium, so no rust . They are very similar , almost same as pro - rack .

Great thanks. Yes got the link and spoke to the seller about ordering a set of 3. Cheers

Well my pioneer platform arrived today, went for the 1828 x 1426 size and I will be fitting it to the factory tracks of my T5 with the RLTPMV feet. The RLTPMV come with plastic wedges which helps level them up on the van. Little bit of modding will be required with some shims and the bolts need 5mm off them as the factory tracks are shallower than the rhino tracks but it will work. I will post some pictures when finished.

Well got the platform on today with no real issues. As its so low tightening the bolts up is time consuming but it does mean nobody is going to be to whip it off easily. Love the low stance and the size is perfect for what I wanted leaving the front roof section uncovered. Hope the image links work as never done this before.

Users Country Flag
    Nothing quite like that tense feeling driving into a carpark with only mm's to spare. Hoping that whoever measured the clearance wasn't having a bad day on the tape measure.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DownUnder View Post
    Nothing quite like that tense feeling driving into a carpark with only mm's to spare. Hoping that whoever measured the clearance wasn't having a bad day on the tape measure.
    ... or hoping they understand trigonometry, that the clearance on the flat ain't enough once you hit the ramp to the next level.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast