Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Multivan T5 Roof Racks???

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
    I just installed a 2.7m Rhino Pioneer tray on my VW SWB T6 as per Markee's low feet option (RLTPPP). My clearance measurements on stock wheels and suspension is between 1980mm & 1990mm but very happy to still fit under 2m car parks.
    I went 4 pairs of legs and the end result is rock solid. There is about 20mm clearance between roof and bars but no flex contact when I walk around up there.
    I would post pics but I'm only new here.
    Nice one mate. Good work.

Users Country Flag
    Hi,

Thanks for this thread it's helped clarify a few things around the pioneer platform I was considering. I have a 2012 T5 Multivan with the factory tracks on the roof and was wondering if anyone installed or seen the Frontrunner Slimline II kits installed with the track, or does it have to be removed or accessorised to fit the legs?
    Volkswagen T5/T6 Transporter SWB Roof Racks | Front Runner
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Astrangerday; 22-04-2020 at 05:23 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Where did you get this done and what size platform is it. I have a 2011 multivan

Users Country Flag
    I just installed a 2.7m Rhino Pioneer tray on my VW SWB T6 as per Markee's low feet option (RLTPPP). My clearance measurements on stock wheels and suspension is between 1980mm & 1990mm but very happy to still fit under 2m car parks.
    I went 4 pairs of legs and the end result is rock solid. There is about 20mm clearance between roof and bars but no flex contact when I walk around up there.
    I would post pics but I'm only new here.
    Hey Wojo

I'm looking at a similar situation. Did you have any trouble adapting/fitting the Rhino RLTP low feet? Also, with a usable channel length of about 2200mm on the SWB, how did you manage the overhang on the 2728mm long platform?

One example Multivan install I could find was this one from Roof, Rack and Box - VW Transporter T5 roof rack,Volkswagen T5 Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform,Whispbar roof rack
    Multivan T5 Roof Racks???-multivan-swb-overhang-png

And also a Multivan that I noticed on carsales.com.au:
    Multivan T5 Roof Racks???-carsales_multivan_rhinorack001-png Multivan T5 Roof Racks???-carsales_multivan_rhinorack002-png

The Rhino 2528mm x 1586mm 42119BF platform (unassembled) was proposed as a solution for my T6 SWB Multivan, although I'm not keen on the rack width/side overhang.
    Last edited by MLV; 31-07-2020 at 01:16 PM. Reason: additional images

Quote Originally Posted by MLV View Post
    Hey Wojo

I'm looking at a similar situation. Did you have any trouble adapting/fitting the Rhino RLTP low feet to the Multivan rail? Also, with a usable rail length of about 2200mm on the SWB, how did you manage the overhang on the 2728mm long platform? The only example install I could find was this one from Roof, Rack and Box - VW Transporter T5 roof rack,Volkswagen T5 Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform,Whispbar roof rack

The Rhino 2528mm x 1586mm 42119BF platform (unassembled) has been proposed as a solution for my T6 SWB Multivan, although I’m a little concerned about the rack width and side overhang.
    Hi MLV,

Side overhang is not an issue. Its actually spot on. It fits perfect in my opinion in relation to length and width.

I am thankful I went with those low feet everyday I look at it the stance on the tray is just killer.

Lets see if I can load a pic or two for you now (admin allowing). Otherwise I may post a series of small annoying posts until I can get there.

Cheers and thanks all for your patience.

here are some pics for you
    Multivan T5 Roof Racks???-20200410_085838-jpg Multivan T5 Roof Racks???-20200607_160048-jpg Multivan T5 Roof Racks???-20200410_085700-1-jpg Multivan T5 Roof Racks???-20200410_085053-jpg

I plan on dropping some timber boards in between the aluminium panels to build a roof top deck as well. Here is my inspiration.
    Multivan T5 Roof Racks???-screenshot_20200406-213359_chrome-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the quick response Wojo. Nice van you have there. You’re right, the rack (2728x1465) is a good fit for the SWB and looks awesome with the low feet mount. The 1586mm width of the Rhino 42119BF would definitely be too wide. Any trouble with wind generated noise from your setup?

Quote Originally Posted by MLV View Post
    Thanks for the quick response Wojo. Nice van you have there. You’re right, the rack (2728x1465) is a good fit for the SWB and looks awesome with the low feet mount. The 1586mm width of the Rhino 42119BF would definitely be too wide. Any trouble with wind generated noise from your setup?
    Ah yes, sorry I read your post in a rush. 1586mm would be way too wide. I took quite a bit of time measuring and envisioning before making it happen. Very happy.

Flick up some pics when you get yours done.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrangerday View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for this thread it's helped clarify a few things around the pioneer platform I was considering. I have a 2012 T5 Multivan with the factory tracks on the roof and was wondering if anyone installed or seen the Frontrunner Slimline II kits installed with the track, or does it have to be removed or accessorised to fit the legs?
    Volkswagen T5/T6 Transporter SWB Roof Racks | Front Runner
    Thanks!
    The advice I recently received from Front Runner…
    The Front Runner Slimline II roof rack kits KRVK004T 2570x1425 (SWB) and KRVK006T 2772x1425 (LWB) listed for the Volkswagen Transporter apparently include all the components required to install the roof rack to a Multivan.

The Multivan screwed-down, factory installed track has to be removed and replaced with a Front Runner (t-slot?) style track, which is included with the roof rack kit. The screw holes in the supplied track align with the channel screw holes, but there are less, so some of the channel holes will need a flush mount screw or silicone to seal.

(And of course) It was also pointed out that the Front Runner Slimline II roof racks are very popular with Volkswagen van owners in Europe and that the track/rail swap out is common practice.
    Last edited by MLV; 31-07-2020 at 01:32 PM.

Users Country Flag

here are some pics for you
    Multivan T5 Roof Racks???-20200410_085838-jpg Multivan T5 Roof Racks???-20200607_160048-jpg Multivan T5 Roof Racks???-20200410_085700-1-jpg Multivan T5 Roof Racks???-20200410_085053-jpg

I plan on dropping some timber boards in between the aluminium panels to build a roof top deck as well. Here is my inspiration.
    Multivan T5 Roof Racks???-screenshot_20200406-213359_chrome-jpg
    great result mate. Looks fantastic.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast