Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Multivan T5 Roof Racks???

Quote Originally Posted by scotinoz View Post
    Well my pioneer platform arrived today, went for the 1828 x 1426 size and I will be fitting it to the factory tracks of my T5 with the RLTPMV feet. The RLTPMV come with plastic wedges which helps level them up on the van. Little bit of modding will be required with some shims and the bolts need 5mm off them as the factory tracks are shallower than the rhino tracks but it will work. I will post some pictures when finished.
    Looks Great! Who did you get this through? Did you end up having to do any mods to get it on the roof with the low feet? Looking to get the same, though I think I want to see if I can get the entire length of the roof

Users Country Flag
    First timer on here...have a 2011 T5 Multivan Highline and bought this Rhino Pioneer platform https://www.rhinorack.com/en-au/products/roof/roof-trays/pioneer-platforms/pioneer-platform-2728mm-x-1465mm-_52105 (discontinued officially) with RLTPPP (don’t buy the RLTP legs like I did).
    Last edited by JJCC; 12-07-2021 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Figured question out

Platform roof rack advice please!

Hi I'm new here so hope I'm doing this right! I've got a kings quikky mk2 roof top tent that looks odd mounted on rhinoracks vortex bars and am looking to get a low profile platform with or without side tradie rails.. i have a 2015 T5 swb multivan with factory mounts. I am thinking about the rhino racks so I can use my 2prs of feet (?RLTF-see pic) and wondering what's the narrowest platform I can use, are these feet the lowest profile ones, and what's the max length platform I can use as I have a sunroof over the front cab. Any guidance from you pros is so appreciated! Thx 😀 and how do I post pics here?

ok... ive just done a ton load of research into this and your options are a limited- but just fitted a 52104 rhino rack pioneer platform (2128x1426mm) to my T5 multivan with factory tracks and rails and im stoked. i wanted a low profile sleek look for my mk2 kwikky adventure kings roof top tent as it was sitting on 2 rhino rack aero bars before and it looked odd. i made up the kit with the 52104 pioneer rhino rack platform, 3 pairs of RTLP low profile legs and the spacer adaptors and one pair of height adjusters on the rear pair of mounts. it looks great in my humble opinion! a few things to note- my particular roof top tent needed customisation of its mounts as the u bolts under the tent were not spaced in the right place to overlap the slats on the pioneer platform- ie meant drilling into the platform x8 holes. i was reassured by rhino rack this wouldn't weaken the platform as its tough as f!@#$ and meant i could centralise placement of the tent on the rack. the length and width was just right to sit flush to the sides of the van and enough to sit behind the sunroof and allow the hatch back of the van to open and clear the rack. its pretty much perfect. also note you will need a 5mm hobson hex head security bit with the hole in the middle and mini ratchet, or a small similar 5mm hobson security hex bit allen key with 3cm or under in length of the short arm (POST HEX Pin Security Screwdriver Drill Bit Driver Magnetic Tamperproof HOBSON | eBay and 5mm x 118mm POST HEX Allen Wrench Security Key Tamperproof Pin HOBSON | eBay) as the tool rhino gives you don't fit with the low profile legs ad the platform edge. the kit bits (with the lower profile rtlp not rtlf legs) are listed here: Rhino Rack JA5842 for VOLKSWAGEN Transporter T5 2dr Van SWB (Low Roof) 08/04 to 11/15 - Australia's #1 Roof Rack Superstore and you can get it all cheaper if you use the price match function at autobarn and buy all the bits seperately. i saved like 500 bucks approx! after speaking to rhino rack directly, they were pretty useless in providing info on what was suitable for vw t5 multivan and just used the search function on their website which was limited in its capabilities.. you'll see what i mean. hope this helps!.. photos to follow! it also took 4 adult surfers to lift the rack (73kg approx) and the pre-mounted roof top tent (73kg approx) onto the roof and quiite a while to screw it down given the limited clearance bewteen the platfrom and the access to the screws on the rtlp leg moutns. i iwsh i had the smaller allen key in retrospect!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456