Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Multivan T5 Roof Racks???

Users Country Flag

Ah fair enough. Yeh im tossing up between the flush Whispbar and the Rhinorack Pioneer. I dont really carry much but will eventually want a side awning. Wanting to keep everything looking pretty low and sleek.

I am located in Victoria - Northcote.

Road trip

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    [QUOTE=ozgti;1305721]Road trip

haha is that implying that i should go for the Whispbar?

Maybe.. They re the quietest roof bar out there.

This is mine. Full length platform with dual awnings. Soon to have a solar panel under there if I can't figure out wtf is draining my battery...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJonesMV View Post
    Ah fair enough. Yeh im tossing up between the flush Whispbar and the Rhinorack Pioneer. I dont really carry much but will eventually want a side awning. Wanting to keep everything looking pretty low and sleek.
    If you have the factory mounting channel in the roof you don’t need roof racks to fit an awning - they bolt straight onto the roof channel.

I too have a T5 (2011 Multivan), and need some racks - but wondering what the very very lowest profile racks/option I can get are??? Need to fit into my multi-level carpark still and don't have much height to play with.

I took all the rear seats out, and was low on fuel, and my max height was 1960mm. I gotta keep it below 2100mm (well below if possible), so not heaps to play with.

Anyone have any measurements by any chance?

...or maybe a real good "reliable" fitting place that would know all the options? (Melbourne)

Cheers all
    Last edited by mik007; 03-11-2019 at 05:18 AM.

hey ozgti - that's a 2.5m wide awning? or 2m wide?

2.5m

I fit in under 2.1 with 245 65 17 on stock 4motion suspension. With the whispbars, I'd be close to 2.1 actual height.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mik007 View Post
    I too have a T5 (2011 Multivan), and need some racks - but wondering what the very very lowest profile racks/option I can get are??? Need to fit into my multi-level carpark still and don't have much height to play with.

I took all the rear seats out, and was low on fuel, and my max height was 1960mm. I gotta keep it below 2100mm (well below if possible), so not heaps to play with.

Anyone have any measurements by any chance?

...or maybe a real good "reliable" fitting place that would know all the options? (Melbourne)

Cheers all
    Check my post on the previous page for a low fitting pioneer platform.
    Mine is still under 2.1m with 245/65x17 tyres and raised suspension, 2.05m to be exact, so can still get into 2.1m carparks with out anything on there.
    It's actually 2.09m to the top of the eye bolts that are there for attachment purposes. Haven't hit anything yet in a 2.1m carpark.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast