Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multivan T5 Rear Seat Adjustment

Users Country Flag

T5 Rear Seats (Folding/Sliding)

They really are quiet simple, once you are aware, or shown correctly.. how to do this.

1st the Seats won’t Slide whilst in the upright position.. nor the folded flat (bed) position, for safety.
    You MUST fold the Seats (Lever/Strap 1) to the half fold fully forward position.. before they will slide.

2nd pull (Strap/Lever2) and the seats will slide to desired position.
    note - measure or mark/remember your desired positions for future use..

shazzam.. then fold seat back upright or all the way back to bed flat using Lever/Strap1.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by BobD View Post
    The rear (third row) seat on my Multivan has jambed. Does anyone know how to get it to move? I did it once a month or two ago and now it won't go.

I lower the back rest and lock it in the down position but no matter what I do I can't get lever 2 to release to move the seat forwards or backwards. The dealer had a go this arvo and also couldn't get it to move.

Also the rain sensing wipers have decided to stop working. Anyone had experience with this happening?

Car is booked in for October 10th for a warranty fix but if anyone can help I would be grateful.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by BrianJ View Post
    In this thread I describe how I fixed my kombi beach rear seat. Kombi Beach centre bench seat/bed - HELP

It is a different model van, but may have the same release mechanism and will possibly need the same fix.
    If you undo the bolt where the front wheels are (through the cubby holes.. I think they're a 15) loosen them enough to move up and down and it should then roll with the seat folded.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shogun2 View Post
    That sounds about right. I think I have seen the webbing strap. However, when I've tried albeit half heartedly, I have not been able to get the seat to stay in the bed position without collapsing in the middle.

Van Essa has a Youtube clip showing how to set the bench into a bed. Put the seat almost down and apply hard pressure to the very front and the very rear at the same time to snap it into position.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12