Thread: Allen key BOLT trans removal POSITION?

Allen key BOLT trans removal POSITION?

Ive a t4 97 and am replacing clutch, intriguingly no-where illustrates the position of this last bolt (above drive shaft.?) Maybe mine doesn't have one, whatever the reason the tranny wont seprerate from the engine.
    Help me! from an already difficult job made impossible.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lee View Post
    Ive a t4 97 and am replacing clutch, intriguingly no-where illustrates the position of this last bolt (above drive shaft.?) Maybe mine doesn't have one, whatever the reason the tranny wont seprerate from the engine.
    Help me! from an already difficult job made impossible.
    I've no T4 experience, but did come across this recently:

the unseen bolt ? | VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Not sure....a pressed impression of the hole in that area and is a blind rounded empty. A bolt the other side of the tranny MAY go through to the other side??? Block side? I took photos but uploading....??? Either way oit wont budge, im stuck.

This ref is as close as i can find, I dont think there's any, maybe on other models. Either way tomorrow I hit it hard.
    Something Ill walk away with, I use a engine support beam, pack up and rebolt the engine every time without a care of dropping it, aahhhhh.

How to change a clutch in 1.9td... | VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

thanks for the help.

No....no.. it is not over yet.
    The trans is firmly stuck, after own weight wedge pressuring , angled prying and pulling away from the engine with taught chain (thats a fair pressure) hitting with a hammer........I must have the reason.

Can anybody tell me. Help help help.

Users Country Flag
    Bill, what engine and gearbox does it have?

I assume it's only FWD, and not a Syncro?
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Ok, I have found a quote!
    (And ive been at it everyday the neighbours are offering tools)
    Ive pulled and tapped wedges to no effect, I looked around the back of this and actually undid that exact nut but immediately denounced it as needed for inside the tranny. As long as the speedo stuff is about...laughing.

A vw t4 97 5speed pet aac motor fwd and dont know trans no.
    Ive read and got alot of info to help but stuff like this is vague in almost all of it, your only safe with a mechanics manual.

The quote.....
    but most importantly*** dont forget the stupid pointless little 6mm allen key bold that goes through the block into the gearbox the other direction to all the other gearbox bolts!! its located between the the engine block and the halfshaft kind of behind the speedo drive. its a fidly little bugger but until someone kindly pointed it out on here on this thread it wasnt mentioned anywhere else i looked!! i must have wasted nearly 8hrs tryin to wriggle off the box not knowing about that bolt

Still cant get it off, went to a mechanics and he said is it a puush or pull clutch. Behind the black plate to take off a cir clip.
    The bolt found is one of a few holding a shield on.
    So today im using a sledgehammer

It too .....has no effect

WARNING.
    Just to fill in a blank, the mechanic who fixed it said I wouldnt have got it off because the main transmission around the plate wheel must come off first...contrary to the haynes book that says to do that after removing the clutch to get to the bearing, strange stuff and dangerous if wrong. Engine out is the only solution.
    WARNING.