Support VWWC

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Multivan T5.1 CEL "Engine Fault Workshop"

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by IN2VWS View Post
    This is a common, known problem on the current series T5's. They should replace it.
    Did the dealer say no, or VGA say no?
    I know it should have a bearing on it.....but who did the regular servicing on the van? VW or non genuine?

VW Australia and VW Germany said no, was dealer serviced until 60k service. Like you say should have no relevance but clearly does. If I costed the difference it would probably total the EGR valve anyhow.
    The other I'm finding hard to believe is the part cost? Every EGR valve I've found for all other models and brands the dearest has been around $700.

Users Country Flag
    Just to follow up my earlier quotes. After a bit of research I have found out the EGR valve itself is $570 however, you apparently can't separate it from the oil filter bracket assy. So by the time you add that and required gaskets and orings you have an extra $1500 in parts.

ISn't that sort of thing crap , having to by something extra because "thats the way its made "like we experiened a simple bearing in the air con fails and you have to buy the whole damn thing what happened to the good old days when mechanics would do just that for you .

Users Country Flag
    it does seperate, the problem is actually seperating it. Generally its so gummed up that it takes hours to seperate it.

Users Country Flag
    I am having my EGR replaced tomorrow, I was quoted $132 a hour and it's a 6 hour job, plus consumables like oil ect, VW goodwill are paying for parts. Do you guys think this is a good deal? I thought the EGR was a bolt on bolt off part . All this for a vehicle with 85000k and just outside of warranty. Arggggg!!
    2011 T5 4MOTION Duel Cab Optioned up.

Users Country Flag
    As previously mentioned, it's a cow of a job.

If they stick to the quote without unreasonably jacking up the price, it seems ok.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag
    I'm curious, how did you scan it yourself? And where did you get hold of the parts schematics from - would you be willing to share that?

Hi, I just wondered if this EGR issue has been happening to everybody and has anybody found a cheaper solution for those of us out of warranty? Mine a 2010 2L 103kw has had two replacements already and is now on 95k.Engine light on but running fine so far.Would like to have fixed but surely one shouldnt be spending this sort of $ on a crap part every couple of years!

Blanking the EGR seems to be a big subject in the UK the main problem seems to be finding one for this model . I have sent an inquire to a company in the UK so I will let you know how it goes .

I have had a look into it as well, came to the conclusion it may be better to stay legal for resale next year.Problem being that with the EGR blank you also need to remove the diesel particulate filter or gut it.I would have blanked the EGR off by now if it was as simple as plates and a remap but by removing the DPF takes things to a new level for resale with black smoke to-boot etc...I had planned on keeping this vehicle until the 200k mark but much as I love to drive it, I sense silly trouble ahead!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast