Support VWWC

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Multivan T5.1 CEL "Engine Fault Workshop"

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by IN2VWS View Post
    So the EGR valve is $3242???????
    Mine has had it replaced twice already.

Question: VW genuine parts are covered by a 2 year warranty..........Does that 2 years warranty also cover parts that were replaced under warranty?

Can I ask what symptoms you were getting?

That cannot be right $3242 WTF I just did a quick Google and if the Transporter one is totally different from some other VW models then it should be around $150 according to my research . Maybe they make it from Gold or something more exotic . Just found this one but its for the 2.5 earlier vans http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-NEW-AL...-/181188176722
    Last edited by Sunny43.5; 02-08-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    That cannot be right $3242 WTF I just did a quick Google and if the Transporter one is totally different from some other VW models then it should be around $150 according to my research . Maybe they make it from Gold or something more exotic . Just found this one but its for the 2.5 earlier vans NEW NEW ALLARD Electronic EGR Valve Delete Pipe VW T5 Van Transporter 2.5 Tdi + | eBay

I'm guessing its different and this could be to do with the two turbos, not sure I'm no expert
    Also subtract 8 x $143 for labour

IN2VWS Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistleblower View Post
    Can I ask what symptoms you were getting?
    The first time, it went into limp mode every 10-20km. I had to stop the engine and start it up again and then it was good to go for a while.
    The second time, it was sluggish on take off......as if there was no turbo boost, then all of a sudden she would take off like a rocket.
    I would coast around a corner at an intersection, then put my foot down like normal but nothing happened, so I put the foot down harder and it would take off violently.

IN2VWS Guest
    The one that was replaced recently, is supposedly a new improved version.

Users Country Flag
    Did u get an engine light?
    My symptoms are exactly the same though my light is on.
    After replacing exhaust temp sensor it cleared glow plug light flashing (engine light stayed on) and it seemed to be running good, then as you say it went into limp mode which I turned off and started again no dramas. Now it just seems flat like no boost, not as bad as limp but certainly not powerful.

IN2VWS Guest
    Yeah, engine light on the dash.

Users Country Flag
    Chase Volkswagen for goodwill assistance, gents.

Always worth going through the dealership for parts, as supercessions are common on mechanical and electrical components.

No point buying version A for one price, when version C is only marginally dearer, and will probably last longer.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    Chase Volkswagen for goodwill assistance, gents.

Always worth going through the dealership for parts, as supercessions are common on mechanical and electrical components.

No point buying version A for one price, when version C is only marginally dearer, and will probably last longer.

Volkswagen said no, wouldn't give me a reason other than, "we don't need to tell you as you're no longer in the warranty"
    This being my second T5, nearly 90k spent with them and was about to trade on an Amarok.
    Certainly crossed Amarok off after this. No one should have to spend near $4000 on a 3 year old vehicle with just on over 100,000 on it.

IN2VWS Guest

This is a common, known problem on the current series T5's. They should replace it.
    Did the dealer say no, or VGA say no?
    I know it should have a bearing on it.....but who did the regular servicing on the van? VW or non genuine?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast