Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Multivan T5.1 CEL "Engine Fault Workshop"

IN2VWS Guest

Mine had the same problem. After pulling over a few times and switching the engine off, I was good to go again. My dealer said it was ok to drive until they could fix it. The fault only came back after long drives.
    They fitted a new EGR valve, and it hasn't happened again.

They got the van at 1130am and I called them at 330pm to check on the progress but was told they had not been able to diagnose. Not sure if it meant they had not looked at it yet or they actually didn't know whats happened yet. I thought the whizbang electronicc vagcom gear would diagnose it quickly. Hopefully they can fix it ASAP cause I'm carrying a crapload of gear in my wifes 323 until they do

Confirmed today it's egr valve, but I'm looking at 3 days until they get the parts. The service guys would not tell me so I went and spoke to the guys in the workshop. They were Much more helpful. Is this a common fault? Lucky my Vw assist gets me a hire van!

IN2VWS Guest
    I am beginning to suspect this is a common fault.
    I was at the dealers last week. Said hi to the guys in the service department. During our chat, they asked "yours has already had the EGR done, hasn't it?". Not sure if they asked this because it is common, or if they remembered when I had the problem.

just got it back on wednesday afternoon. 10 days to get the parts and fit... seemed a little long, but i am so glad to have it back. my question now is how long should i expect this to last? what happens to the warranty on this item when the original expires next year?

Users Country Flag
    You should have 2 years warranty on parts fitted by VW.
    But, better check it out.

IN2VWS Guest
    EGR valve gone again......2nd time now.
    I am told that it is a new improved version.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Multivan T5.1 CEL "Engine Fault Workshop"

How many kns at the first replacement and now at this one??

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

IN2VWS Guest
    Can't remember the first.....35,000km springs to mind. Now 68,000km.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by IN2VWS View Post
    Can't remember the first.....35,000km springs to mind. Now 68,000km.
    For reference, mine was just over 52k @ 24 months old. We are now at 36 months and 78k and haven't had any new issues (although when it happened it was instant so there was no lead up).

Given yours is a 2011... I wonder when the "new improved" version came out and if I can expect another problem at some point... I do have a 5 year extended warranty so it's likely to be covered, but of course it would be nicer if it just didn't happen.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast