Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Multivan Camper Conversion

Users Country Flag

I noticed that they sell them in NZ. not cheap though.

I can't wait until the ADR are scrapped..

It doesn't matter if the door opens on the drivers side. Most van have the option of dual doors here anyway.

Users Country Flag

Multivan Camper Conversion

You will find it is now much easier to utilise a Multivan for camping following the introduction this year of VanEssa mobilcamping to the Australian market.

After many years of camping in a Caravelle GL Syncro, we decided to bring the idea of luxury camping with flexibility to the Australian market. We have worked closely with Volkswagen Australia on the project since the beginning middle of last year.

The_Hawk has invited us to sponsor the forum, so you will see more of this over time, but I thought I would let you know this is now a reality in Australia.

Stock has been shipping this year, and the Multivan systems are on display in selected Volkswagen dealers so far in Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane and Sunshine Coast. There is a display vehicle in Perth as well (a very nice T6 Generation Six Multivan Camper Conversion

The systems are fully manufactured and assembled in Germany (Bavaria, not far from Munich). The rear kitchen system can be fitted to a Multivan in around 5 - 10 minutes and utilises the seat rail system for anchoring.

The Interior module, with vanity, draws, table and optional toilet is similar - 5 - 10 minutes to fit and remove again.

The ingenious rear packbags fit into and out of the rear windows in just a few seconds.

I have tested the systems with a T6 Multivan over 30,000km this year from East Coast to Cooktown, Gulf of Carpentaria, Birdsville Track (with Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles for Big Red Bash), Mungerranie, Maree, Spencer Gulf to Darwin and not missed a beat.

Systems are also available for Transporter T5/T6, Caravelle and Caddy.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Regards
    Mark.

Last edited by syncro91; 11-12-2017 at 10:22 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Mark,

I recently saw your VanEssa modules at the recent camper show in Brisbane, part of the VW display.

Great idea for people with Multivans, that rear tailgate module is quite impressive, and the build quality is bloody good as well.
    2017 VW T6 3200KG GVM LWB 132kW 7 Speed DSG (Campervan Conversion)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn23 View Post
    Mark,

I recently saw your VanEssa modules at the recent camper show in Brisbane, part of the VW display.

Great idea for people with Multivans, that rear tailgate module is quite impressive, and the build quality is bloody good as well.
    Hey Bryn - glad you saw it there and thanks for the encouragement! We had one Multivan owner select VanEssa based on the 'Made in Germany' tag (in addition to the concept of the practicality of the rear kitchen and the desirability of cooking outside the van rather than in it) and he said the quality and small details even surpassed his already high expectations.

I was only there at Brisbane Show on first day - sorry I missed you!

A photo from Austral of that show below

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I have a Vanessa System fitted to my van and just did a Perth to Sydney return trip.
    Multivan Camper Conversion-vanessa-8-jpgMultivan Camper Conversion-vanessa-3-jpgMultivan Camper Conversion-vanessa-12-jpgMultivan Camper Conversion-vanessa-4-jpgMultivan Camper Conversion-vanessa-13-jpgMultivan Camper Conversion-vanessa-9-jpg
    Last edited by Billecartz; 14-01-2018 at 10:32 PM.
    [/COLOR] 2016 VW Golf GTI MK7 40 Years, DSG, Tornado Red, Tinted Windows,
    2016 VW T6 Multivan Generation Six, Cherry Red with Candy White, VanEssa System with Kitchen, Mattress, Storage Bags, Swivel Seat, Roof Racks with Thule Pod, Dometic Anthracite Awning, Blackout Curtains, Bonnet Bra plus more ..

I've been following Vanessa mobil camping for quite some time online via pinterest and the German website, but shipping of single units to Australia has always been prohibiting if even possible. Must admit I was excited when I saw that these were being imported to Australia. Such a good market that had been lacking options like already available in Europe.
    The photos look great and definitely look like a premium unit for sure with great build quality.

Without such options in Australia last year, I was able to get a hold of a multiflexboard board as an entry level bedding system and added a custom built drawer slide out system along with fridge slide and table, which is a good entry level system to a camper setup.

It has been great in my last year of adventures, but now I am looking at upgrading to a Vanessa system and would be considering letting it go to the right Perth VW Multivan owner that may be interested in getting a camper setup but is not quite ready for the higher investment into Vanessa's high quality products.

If anyone is interested, please PM me to discuss. Don't want to derail this post.

Mark, your Vanessa system looks amazing and is a great add-on to VW Multivan adventure lovers like myself! Keep up the good work. Multivan Camper Conversion-20170924_092118-jpgMultivan Camper Conversion-vw-van-jpgMultivan Camper Conversion-vw-t5-multiflexboard-lmtech_13-jpgMultivan Camper Conversion-vw-t5-multiflexboard-lmtech_11-jpgMultivan Camper Conversion-vw-t5-multiflexboard-lmtech_14-jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Hey Tiago - Like you we love the Multivan. In Germany we owned a terrific 128kw 4-motion Manual with rear-diff lock. It was tugging me away from the t3 Syncro back home in Oz!! Was great for the family and our adventures there. We decided following our time in Germany to try and develop the market here to help the Multivan become even more versatile... (and the Caravelles and Transporters and Caddys, but Multivans form the most ideal basis!)

Your setup there is pretty good for a first time effort for that cabinet maker. But as you say, once you have started camping in the Multivan the upgrades are soon in sight. I will keep an ear out for anyone looking for an entry system on the West Coast and point them to you.

By the way, we have quite a few who have already the Good Night Package then come to us to upgrade from the very thin mattress supplied in that package..

Quote Originally Posted by syncro91 View Post
    Hey Tiago - Like you we love the Multivan. In Germany we owned a terrific 128kw 4-motion Manual with rear-diff lock. It was tugging me away from the t3 Syncro back home in Oz!! Was great for the family and our adventures there. We decided following our time in Germany to try and develop the market here to help the Multivan become even more versatile... (and the Caravelles and Transporters and Caddys, but Multivans form the most ideal basis!)

Your setup there is pretty good for a first time effort for that cabinet maker. But as you say, once you have started camping in the Multivan the upgrades are soon in sight. I will keep an ear out for anyone looking for an entry system on the West Coast and point them to you.

By the way, we have quite a few who have already the Good Night Package then come to us to upgrade from the very thin mattress supplied in that package..
    4motion was my goal, but couldn't find any good condition used ones and new one cost was prohibiting in my budget.

I was a very happy owner of a Mitsubishi Delica for 3 years and loved the 4wd capabilities in a van, but the car was getting old and not nearly as comfortable for long journeys as the multivan.

Wanted the 4motion to keep getting to the beaches but as I said had to find a compromise option.

And as you said, mattress is key for a good night sleep and my bcf mattress is definitely very limited on what it can do.. Even sleeping with body on top of the seat side to help with cushion still suffer a bit. A good quality mattress is key for a comfortable adventure.

I also think that the good night package from vw factory is quite a rip off for what you get... Including the Window shades that are very poorly made in my option. For a fraction of the cost you can get the high quality insulated Window shades. But anyway could keep going on this for a while.

Thanks for helping.. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    What’s the ballpark figure for the VanEssa fit Out? Looked at the website and there is no prices, can you give me an idea so I’m not a deer in the headlights the first time I go to a dealer.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ao767brad View Post
    What’s the ballpark figure for the VanEssa fit Out? Looked at the website and there is no prices, can you give me an idea so I’m not a deer in the headlights the first time I go to a dealer.
    Hi Brad - shoot me an email for the full price list (via website or to mark@vanessa-mobilcamping.com.au) - it contains precise pricing for VanEssa and the various KombiLife accessories (more being added regularly)

Most Multivan customers are spending $6k - $7k approx depending upon config / accessories selected.

Dealer can package up for you if you are leasing the vehicle or we can supply separately delivered to you or via our fitting centres in Melbourne / Sydney / Brisbane or Perth

Cheers
    Mark

PS - a photo or two from yesterday with Colon and Vick’s new Kombi70 from mid North coast and our Multivan that just returned from the Simpson Desert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast