Support VWWC

Thread: Multivan 2021 Airbags - Number and rear Curtain?

Users Country Flag

Multivan 2021 Airbags - Number and rear Curtain?

Afternoon all,
    We are looking at buying new T6.1 Multivan CP and getting misleading info about airbags.

Have been told that there are no side rear curtains for kids and that there are only 6 airbags (Melbourne dealer).

However, VW.com.au says that there are 8. Likewise, forum posts on here says that there are rear curtain airbags.

Source:VW Multivan | People Mover | Volkswagen Australia

Number and location of air bags in Multivan

Thanks for any help.

Hi gfish,

For all short wheelbase multivans, there are curtain airbags that stretch all the way along for all first, second and third row passengers. In my 2008 model, in addition I have front driver and front passenger airbags (steering wheel and below glove box) and thorax airbags in sides of the front seats. So total of six for 2008 model. If you want to check in the 2021 model, check for Airbag logo at the front passenger pillar and second row pillar. I am not sure if they have added two extra bags somewhere to total 8.

VW in all their literature are incredibly vague on the specific details. Not helped by dealers not having a clue it seems.

If it is a long wheel base, there are not curtain airbags!

Regards,

Scott

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thank you Scott, that's exactly the info I was looking for. Really appreciate it.

Users Country Flag

I have spent a lot of time in vain trying to assertain if Multivan's 2nd and 3rd row seats have any Load-Limitors on seat belts. Still not sure. Maybe I will just take apart one of the spare captain chairs I have. Only determined that V-class 2nd and 3rd row have Load Limiters.
    Multivan MY12 TSI350 Red. Previous: 2008 Tiguan 103Tdi. 2010 Tiguan 125TSi.