Thread: MFD ?Fault , 2011 T5.1

MFD ?Fault , 2011 T5.1

Drove my van today and found the display was NOT behaving. It shows Average speed for the trip, Total kilometres, trip KM and nothing else. I cannot cycle through the display options using the switches on the stalk.

Any suggestion please? I can't find anything on the forum.

I would disconnect the battery and leave it rest for a bit but would first appreciate any suggestions of anything else to try first.

Thanks folks,

transparu

2012 132kw T5.1 TDI DSG 4Motion LWB Transporter, locking rear diff. Macron Campervan conversion. ECB bullbar. Milford towbar and rear light protector. Seikel Desert HD 30mm lift kit.

I wouldn't be surprised if its a broken wire in the stalk harness, that's what caused my cruise control to intermittently turn off when you put the right blinker on like you do when you change lanes on a highway. if it is that it will require a complete new blinker stalk. Does it work if the blinker is turned left or right, it might make a wire temporarily get a connection.

Ouch!! I'll look at it in the morning.
    Thanks for getting reply!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2012 132kw T5.1 TDI DSG 4Motion LWB Transporter, locking rear diff. Macron Campervan conversion. ECB bullbar. Milford towbar and rear light protector. Seikel Desert HD 30mm lift kit.