Support VWWC

Thread: Long Coding for ABS

Users Country Flag

Long Coding for ABS

hi,i need some help

a nfew years ago i did an engine and ecu swap and cluster, on my 2010 transporter

ever since then i have put up with a fault in the cluster....its a car with squiggly lines going to the wheels(orange)

i put it down to some sort of incompatability problem and just wore it

i had an ebay diagnostic cable

since then i have bought a ross tech hex v-2

i really want to switch off this symbol

i have only just joined nthe ross tech forum but cant post as yet(24hrs)

i think the prob is coding on the ABS page (i ran a diagnostic but the 4 faults were beyond my scope of knowledge)

is it as simple as changing the long coding? and if so what numbers do i need to enter?

thanks

russ

Users Country Flag
    You might want to start by posting what the actual fault codes are given you have the right diagnostics equipment.
    A full autoscan is best.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    You might want to start by posting what the actual fault codes are given you have the right diagnostics equipment.
    A full autoscan is best.
    thanks Kamold
    i posted an auto scan to ross tech site but so far no joy

im going to send the cluster to an instrument repairer and have the light removed...i dont know what else to do

i need this ESC light to go away

russ

Stupid question were the front brakes touched during the transplant , I was wondering if the fault code has been thrown up by a broken or faulty ABS sender at each wheel .