Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limited edition Transporter "Runner'

Users Country Flag

Limited edition Transporter "Runner'

VGA have released a Limited edition Transporter "Runner"

Release price is $29990 drive away (in Victoria). Very competitively priced IMO.

I'm not sure what is "Limited edition" about it. Looks like a Manual SWB 250TDi with no options.

Has anyone see one yet??
    MY13 Golf R - Rising Blue ** SOLD** New toy wanted
    MY12 Passat 125TDi Wagon - Reflex Silver (The family wagon)
    MY14 Amarok Trendline TDi400 - Sand Beige (weekend off roader)

with the dust and flies in western Victoria
    Transporter with $29,990 Free on-roads* - McGrath Volkswagen Liverpool

Driveaway pricing plus the optional heavy duty internal lining in the rear on (what I'll bet are) 2011 build but 2012 plated vehicles.

Users Country Flag
    Sounds like a good value to me. Especially if on budget, since you don't get much of the van for under $30,000km.

Users Country Flag
    I've never understood why people make such a big fuss over when a car was complied and built.

A new car is a new car to me.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

IN2VWS Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    I've never understood why people make such a big fuss over when a car was complied and built.

It becomes an issue when you try to trade in your car.
    You are trying to convince the dealer that you have only had the car for 2 years, and the dealer is trying to convince the seller that it is 4 years old and therefore worth less money.

Users Country Flag
    Yeah, I've been down that path before, trying to trade a 2004-spec 2003 built and complied Golf. I was threatened with legal action, because I had the words "2004 model" on the A4 sheet of paper sticky-taped to the inside of the back window.

Given the paltry sum they offered for said vehicle, I wondered how long they were going to continue to insult me.

In the end, I sold it for twice what they offered me.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

I have to agree with IN2VWS dealers are notorious about build dates when trading in time comes around. A friend of mine who IS a car dealer told me once that on peoples list of who they like or dislike they consider car salesmen second in line behind child molesters !!!

with the dust and flies in western Victoria
    Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post

Maybe to you and me but to VW Australia it's old inventory and not something they want on their stock list.

I bought my T4 DOKA back in early 02 as an 01 plate - it came at list price with air, tray and on roads in an effort by VW to clear old stock. Otherwise, I'd never have even considered it.

Agree with Seano, just bought my 2011 (built Dec2010) T5, first registered by the dealer July 2011 but I am sure when it comes to the crunch a dealer will say it's a 2010 even though I am the first registered private owner.
    Also agree with Sunny to a certain extent, car salespeople must switch off their consciences when they go to work, the guy who sold mine tried all the tricks in the book, it's what they don't say that gets you. I was rushed through the whole process, he dropped the sale document on the desk and casually said 'just need you to sign there mate, it's not to purchase but just to agree the terms' what a load of crap, the kind lady who then sat down with me to discuss options pointed out that if I then back out of the deal I owe 5% of the new vehicle!!! Also, the dodgy finance guy then said to me 'if you want me to submit the finance application you have to waive your 24 hour cooling off period'!! can you believe that? So I stood up and said NO THANKS I will finance myself.
    Sorry for the rant, just still feeling like I should have given both the buggers a mouth full. Although I did point out to the salesman that it is not a 47000 dollar vehicle being sold for 34000, it is a 34000 dollar vehicle being sold for just that. He didn't like that much.

Users Country Flag

Yeah, you really need to have your wits about you.

My mother had an issue with a salesman who refused to tell her what the total cost of the car was going to be, insisting that she tell him how much she could afford a week.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast