Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lift kit for T5 4 Motion - supplier?

Users Country Flag

Lift kit for T5 4 Motion - supplier?

Can someone suggest a source for a 50mm, or so, lift kit for a T5 4 Motion? Just bought an ex-ambo 4 Motion and want to lift the body a little for increased ground clearance. Camper conversion is underway. Tried a forum search but no luck.

Iza

Users Country Flag
    Check out genuine volkswagen I've fitted them I know they do a billstein kit. Or even call heasmans located in Tempe nsw

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I need to find out where the nearest service centre is so I'll ask then. Thanks.

Iza

Users Country Flag
    I had 50mm lifted springs in the front of mine. They were very harsh and after finally getting so fed up I had some custom springs made. I now have 50mm lift but a much better ride. It still handles very well and I am so happy with the result. If you contact Pedders at Keswick they could give you them.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by winchmeup View Post
    I had 50mm lifted springs in the front of mine. They were very harsh and after finally getting so fed up I had some custom springs made. I now have 50mm lift but a much better ride. It still handles very well and I am so happy with the result. If you contact Pedders at Keswick they could give you them.
    What was the ball park cost for custom springs? I assume they weighed your van etc and then made some springs based on that and your requests?

Users Country Flag
    Just contact them by the look of it. http://www.pedders.com.au/sites/defa...1241679148.pdf

Users Country Flag
    I think they were around $300. They didn't weigh etc. I had 18.5mm or so wire and we took an educated guess to go with 17mm wire with the same turns. The 18mm were just ridiculous, leaving me cringe at the sight of a pot hole. Now its great and no real loss in handling.
    The rears are still the heavy option as I have a dual cab and they don't bother at all.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the info.

Users Country Flag
    I thought I better clarify the amount of lift before I give a bum steer.

From center of hob to wheel arch ( horizontal plane not touching arch) is 470mm. How does that compare to standard?

Also the contact name for pedders that handled it all, was Kevin. Branch Manager 08 82979022

Are these 50mm lift kits street legal in OZ and what do the insurance Cos have to say?

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast