Support VWWC

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lift kit for T5 4 Motion - supplier?

Users Country Flag

They might only be 35mm. They were fitted by dealer b4 I got it. Hopefully someone can measure standard to compare my measurement above.

RTA info

Quote Originally Posted by winchmeup View Post
    ... 470mm. How does that compare to standard?...
    that is almost spot on from what I remember - (471mm ?) - information about vehicle specs, raising and lowering for rego, etc, is
    available here if you didn't know already.
    Vehicle Standards Information (VSI) - Vehicle standards - Safety & rules - Roads - Roads and Maritime Services

Hi Guys....does raising the height allow for an increase in tyre height as well or will the front tyres then rub when turning??

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DOUBLECAB View Post
    Hi Guys....does raising the height allow for an increase in tyre height as well or will the front tyres then rub when turning??
    Mine is stock height and I run 245/75r16 without any rubbing. I'm actually looking to go a little smaller rolling diameter coz the loss of torque without the reduced final gear is a little annoying when off-road.

Users Country Flag
    Climax Suspension - Quality Suspension for 4WD and Car Owners - Home Page

This mob sell Lovells raised springs and Bilstein shocks that go with them, front and rear. Have no idea if Lovells springs are any good but could be worth investigating. Bruce CQ

Users Country Flag
    I've recently raised my 4-motion and fitted some larger all-terrains to get it off-road capable.

I fitted the Seikel off road kit which I bought from Trakka in Sydney (and they unfortunately charge a ridiculous amount). The kit includes the springs, shocks, struts and diff spacers. It's advertised as being a 30mm increase. It about that on the front, but quite a bit more on the rear when unladen, making the differ spacers quite important. Even with them there's a lot of angle on the CVs.

Aside from the price, I'm very happy with the kit. Performs brilliantly. Rides just as smoothly as stock and soaks up big hits quite well.

So it went from looking like this:

to this:

Since then I've fitted the all terrains. They're Pirelli Scorpions, 235/65r17, on a 17"x8" +30 offset rim. That's 48mm up in diameter from stock, so still legal. You need a smaller offset wheel to avoid rubbing on the inner arch. +30 with these tires is spot on, with the tire flush with the guard. It's now a good ~3" higher than stock, which is about the same as most of the dual cab 4x4 utes (Navara, Amarok, Hilux etc).

Goes pretty damn well on the beach too!

Users Country Flag
    Looks great Murphenzo. Interested to know which Seikel Lift Kit it is and have you got the Bilstein or Munroe Shocks? I have just spoken to Wolf 4X4 and they say that maybe by May, June they will know if they can be Seikel agents for the T5. He said to keep an eye on their facebook page. Last year they said they would know by Christmas so who knows. Bruce CQ

Users Country Flag
    It's the base model "Desert" kit. I don't carry any heavy loads, so didn't need to go either of the "Desert HD" kits. As for the shocks, good question. They aren't obviously marked as either Bilstein or Monroe. They're black if that helps!

It'll be nice if Wolf can get them in a bit cheaper. I tried getting in touch with Wolf when I was originally chasing the Seikel gear. I never got a single reply to multiple queries by email, website and phone. Pretty damn poor. I hope they pick their game up.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for that info. It's interesting you have had trouble with Wolf. I think I have had 1 email they didn't respond to so I just ring now and each time I've got someone, maybe I'm just lucky. I hope Wolf will be a bit cheaper too but that maybe a bit optimistic looking at some of their Seikel Amorok prices. Did you have to go to Sydney to get Trakka to install the kit?

Bruce CQ

Users Country Flag

Nah, had it fitted by my local mechanic. About $500 I think.
    It was fortunate I bought the T5 in Sydney. I just dropped into Trakka and picked up the suspension on my drive back to Brisbane.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast