Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Installing a light bar or driving lights

Nice work well done !!

Users Country Flag
    Why thank you. That is high praise indeed coming from one of the masters of this forum. Always generous with their time and information.
    I must say I am pretty happy with myself...even if I did just steal the information from other forum members.
    Although it is about 1.5mm out up and down and left to right. My eye keeps getting drawn to it.
    But then someone just backed into the other end of my finally recently dent free parked T5 recently and of course didn’t leave their details. So I’ve got bigger things to obsess over for the time being
    Have just tried them out in the dark and they don’t look a patch on the led performance of those kings light bars that markee originally recommended and I initially fitted. Like the poor quality of that original 20” eBay light bar I had fitted.
    But I am more happy with having hidden my broken plastic with the rounded frame which was the main objective.
    Last edited by aSimpleLife; 28-01-2020 at 08:48 PM.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    VW Transporter T5 MY10 Van M 6spd 2.0DT 103kw White. Long wheel base. Standard roof?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by aSimpleLife View Post
    Why thank you. That is high praise indeed coming from one of the masters of this forum. Always generous with their time and information.
    I must say I am pretty happy with myself...even if I did just steal the information from other forum members.
    Although it is about 1.5mm out up and down and left to right. My eye keeps getting drawn to it.
    But then someone just backed into the other end of my finally recently dent free parked T5 recently and of course didn’t leave their details. So I’ve got bigger things to obsess over for the time being
    Have just tried them out in the dark and they don’t look a patch on the led performance of those kings light bars that markee originally recommended and I initially fitted. Like the poor quality of that original 20” eBay light bar I had fitted.
    But I am more happy with having hidden my broken plastic with the rounded frame which was the main objective.
    Just cultivating the anticipation ...
    ...actually not sure what happened...but I was rushing it...I'll try again from a different device;

Attachment 47815
    Well done mate, that looks great. Glad you pushed yourself and got the outcome you were after.
    Cheers Markee

Users Country Flag
    Thankyou. Yes it's not my natural condition to persevere with car related matters. While it's only a small thing compared to what some take on, I'm still pretty happy with myself.
    VW Transporter T5 MY10 Van M 6spd 2.0DT 103kw White. Long wheel base. Standard roof?

Before there were light bars!
    Current: MY18 TRANSPORTER CrewVan, Indium Grey
    Previous: MY10 Tiguan 2.0TSI, Silver Leaf, APR StgII tune + many mod's

Users Country Flag
    Hello!

I made up a bracket to fit a STEDI lightbar to my VW T4. The number plate screws onto the front of the bracket. Here is a photo and engineering drawing for the bracket and required spacers. The bracket is quite light and certainly stiff enough using 3mm aluminium sheet. Spacers are aluminium too.

Installing a light bar or driving lights-img_20200315_103728-jpg

Installing a light bar or driving lights-lightbar-bracket-png

Users Country Flag
    Hi Sunny

I'm interested to install a light bar just like you've done.
    Will you be able to share how you've done it.
    I tried to find a youtube video, but just to try to remove the front seems like a night mare.
    Thank you for your help. kim

Users Country Flag
    Even if you don't sprichst du Deutsch, this is the video I used for the instructions to remove and refit my 2010 facelift T5 front bumper recently...and if I can do it...you should be ok.
    YouTube
    I would recommend taking phone pics of everything before undoing and probably even label your nuts etc as you go.
    Good luck.

Users Country Flag
    even label your nuts etc as you go.
    Left, right - it's that tough a job, eh?

Users Country Flag

Well...nuts was the collective term for all the various fasteners you remove from the various locations with this job...which a few days later...some people...like me...have trouble remembering what went where...and usually seem to end up with at least 1 spare

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast