Support VWWC

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Installing a light bar or driving lights

What about one of these?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Yes that probably would resolve the problem exactly. Have you tried one?
    The best price I can see for the bar you linked is around $120 from a not so reliable US ebay seller
    Nilight 32 Inch 180W Curved LED Light Bar Combo Fog Lights for SUV Boat 4X4 Lamp | eBay
    I see this AU one for $63.
    32inch 180W Curved LED Light Bar Flood Spot Offroad Truck Lamp SUV 31'' 36'' AU | eBay
    But the 20" cheap ebay one I bought wasn't much good imo.
    The 32" kings one seems to be well regarded for a cheap light bar. Which is why I went with that specific one. But I see now the shape is not suited to cover the damaged area I have to the plastic grill underneath the light bar.

Even strictly following the instructions from Markee, it took me to the outer reaches of my capabilities just to install the same model in the same way. I am not sure I've got the stomach to start again
    Although the longer I think about it the better it sounds.
    Last edited by aSimpleLife; 12-01-2020 at 06:34 PM.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    VW Transporter T5 MY10 Van M 6spd 2.0DT 103kw White. Long wheel base. Standard roof?

Users Country Flag
    I know this is an old thread, but topic is the same and my current question relevant to the topic.
    Is the 2008 T5 Transporter positive or negative switched?

So, I wire in the LED light bar correctly.
    Thanks

I m8ght go for that $63 one. I mullered the plastic underneath when I did mine.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian81063 View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but topic is the same and my current question relevant to the topic.
    Is the 2008 T5 Transporter positive or negative switched?

So, I wire in the LED light bar correctly.
    Thanks
    If your talking about the high beam trigger wire then yes its 12V positive I know as we have had two of the same model .
    Last edited by Sunny43.5; 20-01-2020 at 08:28 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Thankyou

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ozgti View Post
    I m8ght go for that $63 one. I mullered the plastic underneath when I did mine.
    Thanks for the feedback and sorry to keep asking questions.
    But is "mullered the plastic underneath" a technical term for something you meant to do that I don't understand?
    Or a polite way of describing what you ended up doing...much like what happened with my first install?

And you've convinced me...I just purchased yet another light bar to try and match that curve...the $63 ebay one...they are a well reviewed supplier and the one review I could find for that product was positive...although brief.
    Last edited by aSimpleLife; 27-01-2020 at 12:05 PM.
    VW Transporter T5 MY10 Van M 6spd 2.0DT 103kw White. Long wheel base. Standard roof?

Users Country Flag
    What about one of these?
    Well it's in and it's fantastic...a perfect fit...I can't thank you enough for the suggestion...along with Markee for his brackets.
    I don't know if the lighting will be as good as the Kings one which was excellent...but frankly I don't care.
    I cannot believe that it matches the curve of the bumper bar perfectly...and covers that missing broken plastic underneath the light bar...and saves me $800 for a new bumper skin just to replace the broken plastic area underneath the light bar.
    It fits so well that I can notice my brackets are out by almost 2mm...but I doubt I will be bothered removing the bracket just to adjust for that.
    Happy days

Attachment 47814

Pic doesn't work! This is my next mod. Mullered is the technical term for having a careful go then having a smashed pav as the outcome!

Users Country Flag

Pic doesn't work!
    Just cultivating the anticipation ...
    ...actually not sure what happened...but I was rushing it...I'll try again from a different device;

Installing a light bar or driving lights-t5-curved-light-bar-jpg

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast