Support VWWC

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Installing a light bar or driving lights

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    That's a very nice picture. Good price on the kit as well.
    Cheers mate. Cant really get better value for money with that kit.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Markee View Post
    Same as what Sunny said above. It's fantastic for lighting up the road to the side, even better when there is surrounding tree coverage. It just gives a whole lot more reaction time because you see suicidal skippy sooner.
    Going back to regular beam when you get an approaching car is actually scary how little you can see!
    I've read a few reviews on these Illuminator bars and they all seem to say that as with any inexpensive bar the distance throw is not spectactular.

I suspect that Markee and I are in the same boat in that we don't need something that will light up for miles along a dead straight road, what I want is to be able to see kangaroos coming in the dark so I don't hit them. They will usually come from the side so if the light throw is good for 100m all around instead of 6km straight ahead then this suits my purposes greatly.

It looks like the mounting brackets are alloy not plastic, and the wiring harness seems to be quite plug and play hopefully with T6 Multivan.

Thanks for the heads up on these .

Most of these light bars have two sets of LED's the main centre part is spot and the outer sections are side spread , I would agree a pair of high powered individual spot lights will illuminate further down the road but you wont get much coverage to the sides . So if skippy hops out off the side of the road or bush the spots may not pick him up but the Cree bar will . I 'll try and find the post showing how effective ours is as I posted it some time back here .

Ok found the original post with photos here scroll down and you can see the comparison .Vw t5 brighter headlight options!!

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Sunny. Markee did you have any issues with shipping taking ages for your light bar? Some of the opinions on the interwebs say that 4WD Supacentre take forever with shipping.

I got mine from an Ebay site selling 4wd equipment , I was lucky he was based at Robina on the Gold Coast and I was able to pick them up from his storage building .

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyMax View Post
    Thanks Sunny. Markee did you have any issues with shipping taking ages for your light bar? Some of the opinions on the interwebs say that 4WD Supacentre take forever with shipping.
    Mine took a regular amount of time. I have also heard it can take longer.
    Live bought a few things from them and are satisfied with their service.

Hi guys. Been following this thread for a bit. Just bought a 2015 LWB Transporter & want to put a light bar in. Got a quick one about mounting the light bar in the grille. Markee or Sunny, have you had any problems with restricting airflow to the cooling system with the light bar mounted as you guys have done?

We have one each on my work van 2005 and our family van 2012 , not one issue with airflow at all no unusual things have occurred over the five plus years they have been on the vans .

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yogi72 View Post
    Hi guys.have you had any problems with restricting airflow to the cooling system with the light bar mounted as you guys have done?
    Maybe you could look at a slimline version if you are worried about airflow.

Bruce CQ

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast