Thread: I found a spare battery!

Users Country Flag

I found a spare battery!

So just got my new (to me) van delivered. 2016 T6 LWB 4motion. It's an ex-police crash investigation van from Victoria.

After taking down the rear vapor barrier, I have found that it has a 2nd battery installed under the passenger seat. It looks like a factory battery, but with some aftermarket wiring. Does anyone know what this was used for? I'm assuming it is charged from the starter battery and isolated with ignition off?

For some reason, I when I try to upload a photo from my computer, it says 'invalid file'...

Cheers,
    Jeremy.

It was probably for the Police to run emergency lighting and all their computer gear . I just fitted an extra battery under the seat of our van for camping . It charges off the car when running etc but does not allow starting back to the original as it has a voltage drop point so you arent left stranded by draining the main battery .

Users Country Flag
    MOst likely the factory auxiliary battery option and runs as you state. Mine has the same option fitted.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Cool that's what I thought. Will be handy for something, even if it's just a backup battery system to the bigger one i'm installing.