Thread: How can I put aux input on a Bosch RCD510?

Users Country Flag

How can I put aux input on a Bosch RCD510?

As the title says id like to put an aux input and possibly usb as well into my bosch rcd510.
    Im aware there are 2 types of 510's, mine is the one that cant be plugged directly into.

Cheers

I would imagine the only way to see if yours is compatible is to remove and have a look on the back for an additional input apparently its a yellow plug in port for USB ., but most head units will not have it on the front only . Aftermarket ones have multiple inputs front and back for that matter . Ours aftermarket one has a dedicated ipod connecter plus two USB for wifi dongle on the rear then a mini USB on the front plus loads of other inputs for reversing camera and other connections . I think you would be best to try and pick up the VW one you need from Ebay and then sell your old one . Type in the model you need and there should be some from overseas in Europe available .Found this one on Ebay here in Australia claims to be VW "standard" but looking at the back of the unit photo seems like a Chinese seal it has those inputs you are wanting but seems like you need to check all the bits in the car for suitability , Genuine VW RCD 510 6 CDS Head Unit Stereo FOR Golf Jetta EOS Passat Tiguan Polo | eBay or this one obviously built for VW in China as the build label shows but it still like the other one only has an optional USB port via cable at the rear .Genuine VW RCD 510 6 CDS Head Unit Stereo FOR Golf Jetta EOS Passat Tiguan Polo | eBay
    Last edited by Sunny43.5; 01-05-2016 at 12:34 PM.