Thread: heater fan not working

Users Country Flag

heater fan not working

hi all
    i need some help
    recently my fan stopped working on all 4 settings
    i checked the fuses and couldnt locate the problem
    then i pulled the dash trim and checked for power to the fan...nothing
    i then pulled the 4 way switch and found no power to posn 1 ....my wire is black and brown where the wiring diagram shows blue and black
    the diagram then shows SF56 a 40amp fuse at holder F....also blue and black wire

well i found a 40amp fuse under the pass seat,but the wires are red and red/yellow....no power on either wire

all checks done ignition ON but eng not running

im at a loss from here

the aircon light comes on as does the recirc flap(flap works too)

my next step is ross-tech but not sure if ill do any good with that for this prob

any advise/help gratefully accepted

russ
    Last edited by merlot; 21-06-2019 at 08:45 AM.

Don,t bother with any other search here is what you need , takes about 15 minutes to fit Heater Blower Fan Resistor Motor For VW T5 Transporter Touareg Amarok 7E0959263C 1176020000012 | eBay
    I have done two of these in mine and mates van and yes they both had the same issue as yours.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    Don,t bother with any other search here is what you need , takes about 15 minutes to fit Heater Blower Fan Resistor Motor For VW T5 Transporter Touareg Amarok 7E0959263C 1176020000012 | eBay
    I have done two of these in mine and mates van and yes they both had the same issue as yours.
    thanks for reply Sunny
    i took the resistor from my T6 wreck(bitch of a position)and tried it in the T5 but it made no difference

i need to find the loss of power to SF56 fuse
    because the wiring is so heavy going to this fuse,im thinking there must be a relay somewhere pulling it in

the only relays ive seen are under the battery tray

ill try there on monday

russ

just an update to power loss at blower switch

i was always going to swap out the BCM as i have a later model one which supports MF steering wheel lighting

after swapping the BCM,the power came back to the fan

unfortunately,now i have no power windows and only one page on the instrument panel(distance to empty)

im hopeless with Ross Tech and its telling me ..coding incorrect to the module

perhaps it thinks its winter and the windows need to stay closed

i dont understand why these things need to be this complicated..there are literally thousands of wires in this van

anyway,back to the BCM.....i think it lost a pathway as power loss was sudden

russ

well i finally got a result after chasing wires all week

the relay for the blower fan is behind the BCM........the trigger wire(brown with red stripe) coming from the BCM to the relay was dead
    so i piggybacked trigger from the adjacent relay(the 2 relays are numbered 100) and now the thing is back to normal
    pity i couldnt use the later BCM but chasing window winder not working was just not going to happen

van is T5 2010

russ