Thread: Head unit issue

Users Country Flag

Head unit issue

Hi
    recently I have had an issue with my touch screen in the head unit of the infotainment system in my 2016 Multivan.
    The right hand side of the touch screen - about 10mm - will not respond to touch. Rest of touch screen is working fine.Went to dealer and was told I would need a new head unit - $3500. They said they would need to diagnose the problem. Also said it is a new head unit 9 out of 10 times. The other one time the unit starts working again. Sounded odd to me.
    Does anyone know of this issue?

Users Country Flag
    You can just buy a replacement online. Cost you less than $600 if its just the Carplay/AA unit, if its a MIB SatNav unit about $900. Fitting it yourself takes all of 10mins.

Post a photo of it up and we can tell you which.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi there
    thanks for the comment. are you talking about VW original or after market?
    cheers

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by flanderosa2 View Post
    Hi there
    thanks for the comment. are you talking about VW original or after market?
    cheers
    I'm talking OEM meaning original. We need to see what you have to be able to steer you towards a replacement.

Dealers are not the places to be buying replacements from, they overcharge by like a 1000%
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...