Support VWWC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grinding Gears on 2013 T5 DSG

Growing old disgracefully I am afraid NOT , passed 65 this year still love my music LOUD and thumping [should hear and feel my new sub amp I fitted WOW !] Then on top of that still love to get out at MX parks on my race bike and have a blast . Driving sedately hmmm let me think no , whilst I treat the family van well other than it also having loud music it gets driven with a level of respect , my work van I just can't kill the bloody thing its as tough as nails .

Had you considered trying VW for an out of warranty claim , what sort of thing happened to almost kill your wife . I know with our older T5 with the Tiptronic it failed because of a blocked filter and after hounding VW for two years they eventually made a "goodwill "payment of 50% it had 120000kays on the clock and only a few VW dealer services , I had lost faith after 60000km as they told me the auto could not be serviced so I was using independent mechanics up until it failed . Stupid thing was the dealers actually contributed to the final failure as they finally did a service which made it so bad that it killed itself .

Glad to hear you got compensation and yes when our's failed it would just not go , if you pulled up at lights or a roundabout you put your foot down and all it did was rev it's tits off . Once it was going it was fine , the filter inside was blocked so no fluid was getting past to run the gizmos inside .

I have exactly noise as you had and I also got my car from a dealer (not VW) nearly 2 weeks ago
    Below are my recording

YouTube

at the 41 second place and
    YouTube
    at 1:03, 1:23, 2:12 and 3:27 places

Users Country Flag

Software

Quote Originally Posted by bdyton View Post
    So more that a 2 weeks since they updated the software and it has not happened once. guess its fixed.......
    Hey mate, do you happen to know which update (year, etc) they put on? I am having the same issue, also bought from dealer, and they're wondering what update it was that they installed having never seen this issue themselves previously.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Sorry - I have no idea I assume that they reset ECU and updated it all. It was in June 2017. It fixed the though and we have had no problems since.!

Users Country Flag
    Has anyone changed the DSG filter on T5 multivan 2010 2.0 L tdi 132kw biturbo FWD . I assume it is located nearly directly above the drain plug . So its underneath the fuel filter somewhere.
    Anyone have a procedure or know what has to be removed to change it. The Haynes manual does not have a procedure for this van.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    That van hasn't gone anywhere for some time..............by the look of it!
    2018 Crafter Runner
    T5.2 6sp manual.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by LogicprObe View Post
    That van hasn't gone anywhere for some time..............by the look of it!

Looks a bit different now. Just needed a bit of a clean, and someone to look after it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spotted where the DSG filter is on the single turbo model and I would imagine its the same for both models , if you look over the back of the engine just to the left of the battery box you can see a large hex head nut thing which is the same as the engine oil filter cap . Not where your arrow is pointing further left .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast