Thread: First VW, 07 T5 Multivan + future plans to design things

Users Country Flag

First VW, 07 T5 Multivan + future plans to design things

Hey everyone! Recently brought my first VW a 2007 T5 Multivan

It had 148,000kms and cam with a thick stack of receipts with all the work that had been done to it, largest being gearbox rebuild two years ago...
    Overall looked like a well loved (used) but mechanically sound Van.

Ill probably be posting a bunch and reading a heck of a lot more either with issues and or fixes on my van aswell as for some work I plan to carry out this year
    More on that below

[IMG][/IMG]

I graduated as an Industrial designer last year and have currently worked as a signmaker for the last 4 years. My plan is to design myself a unit for the rear as well as a variety of little accessories that will most likely be 3d printed either by myself or outsourced in a better material.
    If their are any little things that could interest you guys please get in touch

(Also I purchased a syncro style font recently and have made myself stickers for my van so can make them for anyone interested too!)

Story of the Multivan so far

Had it brought up from Sydney by my Dad, it was serviced then stored away till I could get it at Christmas time at which point it unfortunately had been leaking coolant and all the mechanics were closed... Went through this forum a bunch and could atleast sleep knowing that coolant on the ground meant it wasnt getting back into the motor.

In the new year it got checked out and found it was leaking from a metal pipe out the back of the motor, new part + proper sealant looks to have sorted the issue out this time. I did the drive from Sunshine coast to Melbourne over the Aus day long weekend, awesome to drive and it didn't miss a beat until...
    A few hours out of Sydney on the second day leaving a servo it threw up an Engine fault light which would disappear when reset and hasnt shown up since? So thats next on the list to look into, doesn't appear to be major so will trawl the forums to see if anyone else has had something similar

Thanks guys!

Users Country Flag
    Welcome to the forum, it’s good to have you in.

Looking forward to seeing the progress. Just bought myself a Multivan as well and can't wait to get building - thinking about doing something very similar to the Vanessa Module Arco build YouTube.

The decal looks great!
    Last edited by mr mojo risin; 09-02-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yeh hopefully things get cracking next month after my move. I have access to a CNC router at work so will produce something with that. Thinking of configs and utilising some heavy duty draw slides like in the video you have linked. Hope your enjoying the van as much as I am! Nifty things that’s for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by asto View Post
    Yeh hopefully things get cracking next month after my move. I have access to a CNC router at work so will produce something with that. Thinking of configs and utilising some heavy duty draw slides like in the video you have linked. Hope your enjoying the van as much as I am! Nifty things that’s for sure

Any progress yet man?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by mr mojo risin View Post
    Any progress yet man?
    Hey
    Not yet unfortunately, moving house among other things has slowed progress
    I did purchase some film face (fancy formply) plywood last week however and have begun 3D scanning my van so some designs won’t be far

I’ll keep you posted

Users Country Flag

My 08 had a habit of sometimes throwing an engine light and go into limp mode, conditions were allways when hitting boost first time shortly after cold start