Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EGR blanking options?

Quote Originally Posted by Kombi View Post
    Sunny I agree, read this article just yesterday,
    Australia is the biggest market in the world for the Volkswagen Amarok TDV6, Volkswagen Australia says almost 90 per cent of the 1200 Amaroks sold in Australia in June were TDV6s.
    Yes that's good to see , I still recall a friend of mine who bought a dual cab VW T5 after hearing me rave on about or first 2005 turbo diesel . His was a dud as he bought the van and then found it could not tow the load that VW claimed and then they had to buy the van back from him and reimburse him for the modifications he had done to the VW to do the touring he wanted to do . VW apparently then amended the towing capacity of that model hmmm .

Highly recommend anyone looking at doing EGR/DPF remap etc go to Marcus at Pendle Performance Australia, Pendle has vast experience with VW diesel engines.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by twistit View Post
    Im trying to work out how the known bad EGR valves let aluminium particles into the engine that causes wear.
    Will blocking a bad one stop this (the dry side) or does it happen on the wet oil side at the filter and require the complete upgraded D' version?
    Also is it fine to block the EGR without removing the DPF?
    Thanks!

Its a CFCA bi turbo with the known ****ty EGR im refering to
    Short answer to your question is NO. I’ll explain in later post why.

No, DPF delete and EGR switch off must be done together

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    The tafmet emulator I got the other day is plug and play, and good quality by the looks. Besides taking longer to warm up it’s actually using less fuel too, so I’m gonna run it without a dpf delete for now and see what happens.

Don’t do it mate, I’m happy to do you a service regen for free (once) rather than have poor solutions inducing fear of tunes amongst the tuning world. I’m happy to discuss various solutions if you’re interested.

What problems do you see occurring with this emulator?

Is your emulator going to stop the egr? But not delete the DPF? The EGR is part of the DPF process and enables it to run hotter to clean itself, no EGR your DPF will block quickly

Quote Originally Posted by PendlePerformanceAus View Post
    Is your emulator going to stop the egr? But not delete the DPF? The EGR is part of the DPF process and enables it to run hotter to clean itself, no EGR your DPF will block quickly
    I don’t see how stopping the flow of the egr can effect the dpf temp, unless you’re only doing short trips all the time and the engines not getting hot enough

Users Country Flag

Quite a lot of guys in the UK have now fitted the emulator, some have had it for 18mths and more with no DPF issues at all.
    2014 T5 132Kw Twin Turbo, 2016 "D" Suffix EGR Cooler, 4 Motion, 7Spd DSG + Diff Lock, Frontline Camper.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast