Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Dual Battery Options and Fitting

Users Country Flag

Hi Bryn, I hope no one tries this but here the video.

YouTube

He has bigger ones than me ! I remember some years ago where someone invented a safety cut off system for a drop saw , he placed his arm under the spinning blade and each time it shut off instantly real scary to watch .This is a good system for camping and outdoor use .

Users Country Flag
    Here is another video of the RVD at work but this time it is installed in a 12v to 240VAC inverter, something that is also commonplace in RV situations.

YouTube

Sorry to revive an old thread but am hoping someone could share some knowledge.

2016 T6 Multivan tdi340.

Under the front passenger seat is a loom of red wires that just terminate at a dead end. I've peeled the tape off and there is two smaller looms. One has a 5 cables, one has 3 cables.

I haven't got the multi meter on them yet but can any one confirm these go direct to the battery? Has anyone used these to retro fit a second battery?

(Id insert a photo if I could work out how to!)

Users Country Flag
    Hi TheKiwi, whereabouts are you in QLD.

Hi All, reviving an old thread. According to travels volts here - Leoch Xtreme AGM 110 ah battery | travelvolts he is saying this 110ah AGM:

354mm long x 175mm wide x 190mm high. 24 kg.
    Fits under single seat easily.

Of interest that one is a bit larger than discussed in the sticky thread - T5 FAQ and How to THREAD (up to August 2009).

Doesn't seem easy to get the batteries advertised by travelvolts here in Oz, so I'm thinking for a second battery to fit under the passenger single seat in my t5.1 highline to try this:

SuperCharge MF77HRX | 915CCA GoldPlus Battery | Frankies Auto Electrics
    32 x 18 x 17 cm

Can't quite tell but think this is an AGM. I think it might be considered dual purpose? It's 110ah, and hope it can be mounted on its side...

Just hoping anyone can confirm if this looks like a good option and I'm not about to blow my cash?

Woops, yeah, can't mount the MF77HRX on it's side. Sigh. Hope I can find a good AGM in Oz, 100+ AH that fits, anyone have suggestions?

Looks like you can get some start / stop AGM's around 90 - 95AH around that size
    MF88HSS and Powersonic PLN5

Powersonic PLN5(DIN88HAGM)
    Last edited by heyasam; 10-12-2021 at 03:21 PM.

Taking my own measurements, pretty tight but I reckon one on these sizes would fit. Here's another one in a potentially cheaper brand -
    KSAGM95 – YHI Power

Be nice to hear if someone else has already done this, any problems with all these wires under there? Shove them out of the way, and did you need to move any of the fuse holders? Also interesting an empty plug was floating under my seat, wonder what that one is for! See the light brown and brown with white stripe?

Dual Battery Options and Fitting-20211213_132621-jpg

Has anyone got any experiences with these?
    EcoFlow Delta 1800W Power Station 1260Wh/105Ah (anacondastores.com)

For someone that usually just weekend camps out of the van, would this save costs and time on setting up the full dual batt DC DC setup? I currently have that now on a 2010, but wondering for the new van if worth the effort setting it all up with correct chargers (smart alternator) compared to this which would probably last just running a fridge/phone charging.

May be slightly limited but keen to hear thoughts, pros/cons if anyone has experience/knowledge here.

I have a sealed 100A/hr AGM battery mounted on its side in my kombi beach, the original place was under the passengers seat, standing upright, but that required a DIN sized battery, so you need one that can be laid on its side. The wires have to be rearranged, and I held it in place with wood pieces as a cradle, with a metal bar across the top to hold it down.

To Dubber regarding this question:
    'Under the front passenger seat is a loom of red wires that just terminate at a dead end. I've peeled the tape off and there is two smaller looms. One has a 5 cables, one has 3 cables.'

This wiring sounds like the same wiring that was fitted to the kombi beach which came with the factory second battery, There was a couple of thick wires and a few thinner ones from memory.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast