Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't Crash Your T6...

I know I am living in the past but don't you just love when you drive past a fender bender and the road is littered for metres in every direction with bits of body and bumper plastics headlights etc and not much else as there is no steel beyond the chassis .

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I didn't end up doing the bull bar, we may investigate again for both vehicles (the other is an X Trail also all plastic),

Users Country Flag
    I had to wait 6 weeks for barn doors to come from Germany.
    2018 Crafter Runner
    T5.2 6sp manual.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by LogicprObe View Post
    I had to wait 6 weeks for barn doors to come from Germany.
    Once your car is out of factory warranty, the insurance company don’t allow new part to be fitted, your crashrepairer will use secondhand and often reconditioned part. They can use a secondhand part to repair even brand new vehicle.

Next time, try calling the spare parts to check availability and don’t be surprised when you hear, “yes we have it or you can pick it up following day or two.”

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by frantic View Post
    The problem is, if you read OP it’s a t6 so :
    A: it’s still under warranty ! So why talk about what you see some do outside of warranty?
    B: no new parts in Oz ! And as to using a second hand bumper on a transporter/ multivan, �� rofl where would you find a bumper unscathed by trolleys and carpark crap that’s over 3 , let alone 5 years old?????
    C: this is one of the most commonly damaged bits on a family /suburban transport .

Let’s be honest, most prangs are not major, a vast majority are minor bingles where either the front or rear bumper get punched in at low kph impacts or in car parks . For vw not to have a commonly used part for a current model is putting customers last.
    Read carefully my post. The one I posted was a response to the poster with T5 5.2
    Have you ever heard that plastic components can be welded?
    Or the car has been stallen and recovered?

Users Country Flag
    They put a new bumper on the front of mine last year (when they did the second lot of barn doors) but it doesn't come with new inserts so they had to use the old, faded ones!
    2018 Crafter Runner
    T5.2 6sp manual.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    And to top it all off I posted on VW Facebook page, they asked me to message them with VIN and contact details which I did on Friday, and while I've sent numerous messages on Friday and yesterday I have not received any reply.

I wasn't able to work yesterday which equates to no income as my wife is also not working at the moment.

I can't seem to get them to take me seriously.

Users Country Flag
    As much as I agree with all of you that the parts of the vehicle which are easily damaged should be readily available in hundreds, it’s beyond me why you solely blame manufacturers for the shortage and the time needed to get back on the road. When even where the part would be immediately available, you still could be without your vehicle for 1week best and for several weeks simply because the crash repairers are too busy. Isn’t it logical when you have money to drive the late model van to spend a little bit more to include “the hire the car after an accident”?

All euro car manufacturers are the same and I doubt that Korean and Japanese are any different.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMax View Post
    And to top it all off I posted on VW Facebook page, they asked me to message them with VIN and contact details which I did on Friday, and while I've sent numerous messages on Friday and yesterday I have not received any reply.

I wasn't able to work yesterday which equates to no income as my wife is also not working at the moment.

I can't seem to get them to take me seriously.
    I wouldn't hold your breath with VW's Facebok page , it took me two years to get a satisfactory result .

Lucky we dont have some model Japanese cars etc , seems after the Tsunami a lot of the cottage industry suppliers and some actual factory suppliers were so badly damaged that some brands decided not to continue with some parts . We have found a few times lately that parts we use are now obsolete . From what I have been told by law car makers are not obliged to keep stock of parts ten years after the last model of a series is sold , and the way things are going it will get worse as we draw closer to cars being disposable rather than repairing them .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast