Thread: Diff breathers

Diff breathers

Hi, wondering if Seikel is the only supplier of extended diff breathers, and where to source it from? Could the cheaper ARB diff breather kit work, or not recommended? How tricky is the installation?

On another note, I can't figure out from the online EKTA the part number for the rear diff to CV output seals, can anyone help on this?

Thanks! Sam

with the dust and flies in western Victoria
    Usually, it's just some 1/4" air hose over a nipple of some sort terminated in a motorcycle fuel filter...

Quote Originally Posted by heyasam View Post
    On another note, I can't figure out from the online EKTA the part number for the rear diff to CV output seals, can anyone help on this?
    I did a search on your previous posts & found you own a T5.1. In the future, when you are after specific info don't forget
    to include your model no.
    Understand how it works, troubleshoot logically BEFORE replacing parts.
    2001 T4 TRAKKA Syncro 2.5TDI,2006 Mk5 2.0TDI Golf manual,2001 Polo 1.4 16V manual [now sold], '09 2.0CR TDI Tiguan manual,
    Numerous Mk1 Golf diesels

Users Country Flag

I'm also keen on finding info on this too. My research hasn't lead my far either. I need to get under the car and find the actual breathers and see what they look like first I reckon.