Support VWWC

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Compatible wheels

Had a set of Speedy 18 x 8 Liberator rims fitted up yesterday, happy with the choice! They have a 45 offset, so marginally wider stance than stock 18 inch rims, & are load rated to 1050kgs. Speedo at 110 is only 1 kph different to the original 16's & the 18 inch Amarok rims I have had on for the past 6 months, as compared to GPS speed

Only downside is black rims don't photograph well... Note: took side bars off...
    Current: MY18 TRANSPORTER CrewVan, Indium Grey
    Previous: MY10 Tiguan 2.0TSI, Silver Leaf, APR StgII tune + many mod's

Users Country Flag
    Here’s a point to think about. My 16 inch rims at 100km was only doing 96km
    my 19inch rims at 100km is 100km so there is a 4% difference straight away. Now add in that it’s a computer model of throttle position and float level in the tank set for standard rims and any changes will seem different. Have you considered filling up till the tank brims(not when the gun clicks off). Then refuel at the other end to the same point and do the fuel used over distant(google maps compaired to odometer).
    just my two(five) cents worth.

Thanks, Husky. Makes sense if the Google Maps distance is correct! The 4% difference is due to the tyre profile & rolling circumference rather than just going to 19's. Going from 265/45/R19 to 265/50/R19 will give a 4% difference in speedo reading.

I'm more than happy with my fuel economy, my main interest lies in not being booked for speeding due to an incorrect speedo reading after moving to after-market rims. I'm now pretty happy about setting my cruise control to 114 in a 110 zone & not be pinged by a fixed speed camera or highway patrol.

Users Country Flag
    Hi MGV
    I have been wondering how he side bumper bars come off
    Can you tell me the way you removed them
    Cheers
    Snickerty

Hi Snickerty, sorry, the side bars I was talking about were the after-market stainless steel cylindrical ones I purchased & then took off again after a couple of weeks of not really being happy with the result.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks MGV

Users Country Flag
    Hi MGV
    The Liberator looks like the pick of the wheels available locally
    I have looked a lot and only a few styles meet the legal requirements, and they don't have the wow thing at all
    TSW and BBS have some gorgeous wheels but OMG the prices are mad
    No way I can get it passed through the finance department
    I am loving the look of the Liberator machined silver black variant and think they will look very smart on my white 2012
    Can you tell me if they require a new set of nuts or can you use the factory set
    Cheers Snickerty
    Compatible wheels-20200316_172959-jpgCompatible wheels-liberator-machinedglossblack-hero-jpg

The factory set are fine, that's what I went with. I'm really happy with the wheels, although I was a bit undecided on the colour when I bought them... The machined silver/black look great! Go get 'em & post another pic!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234