Thread: Ceramic Brake Pads for my T6.1

Users Country Flag

Ceramic Brake Pads for my T6.1

Are ceramic brake pads available for my T6.1 Multivan, im really sick of the brake dust on my front rims.

Users Country Flag
    I don’t think they’re. I’m asking every time I’m buying ATE brake pads and they always say, they’re testing them and will be available soon, but they’re saying for more than 2 years now.
    You could try Bendix Euro or even GCT, they’ve less dust than the OEM pads.

Users Country Flag
    Brembo make a ceramic pad nowadays. They have a listing for a heap of the modern Transporter vans. You might need to check the technical drawings and compare to your current pads to ensure they are suitable.

Front pads: Brake pad Brembo P85141N

Rear Pads: Brake pad Brembo P85083N

Aussie reseller (fronts): Brembo P85141N NAO Series Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set Front | Automotive Superstore

Aussie reseller (rears): Brembo P85083N NAO Series Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set Rear | Automotive Superstore
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Brembo make a ceramic pad nowadays. They have a listing for a heap of the modern Transporter vans. You might need to check the technical drawings and compare to your current pads to ensure they are suitable.

Front pads: Brake pad Brembo P85141N

Rear Pads: Brake pad Brembo P85083N

Aussie reseller (fronts): Brembo P85141N NAO Series Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set Front | Automotive Superstore

Aussie reseller (rears): Brembo P85083N NAO Series Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set Rear | Automotive Superstore
    I can confirm that these do fit on the T6, i fitted these pads and DBA T2 slotted discs late last year, although i haven't done a lot of KM on them, i have noticed a reduction in brake dust, but brake dust isn't huge concern for me, as long as the brakes bite and stop me, then im happy
    2017 VW T6 3200KG GVM LWB 132kW 7 Speed DSG (Campervan Conversion)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    I don’t think they’re. I’m asking every time I’m buying ATE brake pads and they always say, they’re testing them and will be available soon, but they’re saying for more than 2 years now.
    You could try Bendix Euro or even GCT, they’ve less dust than the OEM pads.
    A mate has been told these ATE brake pads do exist but recommend replacing the rotors from ATE as well or you will get shuddering. Pads are around $280 but i have no price on rotors yet. I need to weigh up do i replace brand new pads and rotors or wait until they are worn. i hate the dust build up it looks terrible on my 18' wheels.

Will keep you posted.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzle875 View Post
    A mate has been told these ATE brake pads do exist but recommend replacing the rotors from ATE as well or you will get shuddering. Pads are around $280 but i have no price on rotors yet. I need to weigh up do i replace brand new pads and rotors or wait until they are worn. i hate the dust build up it looks terrible on my 18' wheels.

Will keep you posted.
    It might be best practice (or simply an upsell opportunity for ATE) to run their pads with their disks - but ive got the ATE Ceramic pads mated to brand new Bosch disks and the brakes are beautifully smooth, with no noises or shuddering, and brake dust is merely a fraction of the original VW pads.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Try Brakes Direct here in Brisbane they have a huge range , we always get ours there for our T5.1 vans Australia's Experts in Automotive Braking Components!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    It might be best practice (or simply an upsell opportunity for ATE) to run their pads with their disks - but ive got the ATE Ceramic pads mated to brand new Bosch disks and the brakes are beautifully smooth, with no noises or shuddering, and brake dust is merely a fraction of the original VW pads.
    My car is brand new so the discs have no wear, i think i may have to give it a go with doing just the pads if that's the case. How long have you had them on the car?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Razzle875 View Post
    My car is brand new so the discs have no wear, i think i may have to give it a go with doing just the pads if that's the case. How long have you had them on the car?
    About 8 months or so now. If your car is near new then consider the disks new. Just buy the pads and fit them.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST