Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Central Locking

Central Locking

I had an intermittent drivers door lock, so I bought a new one on ebay and today I installed it. Everything is working except one thing has changed, before if I used the door lock button on the drivers door all doors would lock and stay locked, now the drivers door locks then unlocks again, This also happens when the doors auto lock at 13km/hr.

If I lock them with the keyfob they all work correctly and the alarm arms (red led flashing)

I had the door lock disconnected for a while, could the controller need resetting or programming ?

Anyone know what could cause this or the fix?

Nope. But my rear doors do the same thing...

I used obd11 to tell the bcm that I didn't have central locking and now it works. But the interior lights stay on. If I say I do have central locking on those doors, the door locks pop, but the lights go out.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Brian, I am not sure if this will help, but sometimes if the driver's door lock ( central locking switch) has been used while driving, stopping and getting out of car and locking with key fob I see no red light on driver's door (and all is locked). Then if I get back in and turn on the ignition, then press the main central locking button on door, turn off ignition and get out and use the key fob lock the car, all seems to reset and with red light showing on driver's door. Occasionally when it gets out of wack like this the sliding door may locked until it is reset. Don't know why unless it is some sort of 'safety sequence' I am not aware of.

Regards,

Scott

Thanks, I will play with those ideas later today.

I have one new bit of info, if I use the drivers door lock button to lock all doors, and hold down the pin near the alarm LED on drivers door, so it can't pop up again, the door remains locked, so I can use this as a work around.

Hi Brian,
    My little sequence I mentioned above can also be addressed by pressing the key fob lock button twice so the red light on driver's door is activated and central locking/deadlock is fully reset. My partner locks the car internally when driving with the central locking button. When out of the car, pressing the key fob button once, whilst it locks the car but does not activate the red indicator light/dead lock. Press key fob button twice and it is activated. Amazing what one unearths pouring through the handbook! As mine is a 2008 model, it does not have the auto lock feature at 15km/h. So figure yours may be a different problem. Scott

My locking is working completely normally as far as i can tell, except that if you lock the doors using the central locking button, the drivers locking pin in the door goes down then comes up again. All other doors the pin stays down. Otherwise I suspect everything is working.

I am going to remove the door inner cover and make sure the lock electrical plug is pushed fully on, this was the most awkward spot to get your hand into, but I think I will be able to see it with a torch through a hole that is in the metal cover to allow the window glass to be separated.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Caravelle View Post
    When out of the car, pressing the key fob button once, whilst it locks the car but does not activate the red indicator light/dead lock.
    Pressing the lock button twice like this also deactivates the interior motion sensor alarm, allowing the car doors to be locked but stopping the alarm going off if something moves inside the car (sleeping person, pet, flying insect etc).

Mine does not have an alarm, so it may be a difficult sequence. I have verified ( and as per hand book) that if the red indicator light on the door is not activated when pressing the key fob lock button once, pushing it a second time activates it. Usually only requires one press of the key fob button if the central locking button on driver's door has not been activated per my previous description.

*different sequence* I mean..

I have now taken the inner cover off the door and checked plugs and cables, and can see nothing wrong, so I put this down to there being different part numbers for different models. I can live with the work around of holding the button down when I lock it from the inside with the door switch. Thanks all those who commented.
    Last edited by BrianJ; 05-03-2021 at 09:30 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast