Support VWWC

Thread: Blank plug just below dash on 2012 auto T5.1

Blank plug just below dash on 2012 auto T5.1

Folks
    What's the blank rectanular-ish blank in the panel into which the shifter fits? It's just below the 4 (blank rectangles) on the dash. I'm hoping to put a socket into it but it seems different to remove compared to the rectangular ones.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Dave
    Last edited by transparu; 25-05-2022 at 10:01 PM.

2012 132kw T5.1 TDI DSG 4Motion LWB Transporter, locking rear diff. Macron Campervan conversion. ECB bullbar. Milford towbar and rear light protector. Seikel Desert HD 30mm lift kit.

I,m not sure what its for but from online photos it only seems to be fitted to RH Drive models , I would suggest if your looking to install a cigarette lighter socket you would be better to fit it into the small recess on the left side of the shifter . I have USB cables in there as our headunit has multiple USB connectors so its easy to fit any memory stick or other electronic device to connect with the head unit .

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    I,m not sure what its for but from online photos it only seems to be fitted to RH Drive models , I would suggest if your looking to install a cigarette lighter socket you would be better to fit it into the small recess on the left side of the shifter . I have USB cables in there as our headunit has multiple USB connectors so its easy to fit any memory stick or other electronic device to connect with the head unit .
    Thanks Sunny,
    I appreciate your reply - you're always on the ball! I'll look at that. I'm away from my van with an issue atm.
    I'm actually wanting a separate USB connection to enable android auto on my Xtrons head unit.
    I'll pm with a separate question when I get a chance.
    Thanks again.
    Dave

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2012 132kw T5.1 TDI DSG 4Motion LWB Transporter, locking rear diff. Macron Campervan conversion. ECB bullbar. Milford towbar and rear light protector. Seikel Desert HD 30mm lift kit.