Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Battery for 2006 T5 2.5TDI?

Users Country Flag

Best Battery for 2006 T5 2.5TDI?

Hey all,

My battery is kaput.

Any recommendations for a replacement and what price to expect?

Thanks in advance,

Adrian
    (Melb)

Users Country Flag
    I've bought Bosch S5 for my T5. You can go bit better and go for the AGM S6 battery but expect to pay $300 +, instead $200

Sent from my GT-I9505

Hi Adrian, -New Dubber-

That's bad luck. Where there is the space to do so I reckon the Century "Overlander 4WD" is a very good choice, it's a good
    balance of cranking, and discharge cycling (e.g. running lights fridges etc), 760CCA. The last one I had was 7 years old and still
    going well when I sold the vehicle. I have just fitted one in my T5 2.5 TDI, it's a bit of a squeeze, and it needed a different hold
    down clamp, (easy to fit) but I wanted the extra capacity, I paid $209.00 delivered.

Users Country Flag

T5 Double offroad

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Z View Post
    Hey all,

My battery is kaput.

Any recommendations for a replacement and what price to expect?

Thanks in advance,

Adrian
    (Melb)
    Hi fellow T5 owner yours is only a year younger than mine, I have recently changed mine - I wanted to up-grade to a higher capacity for camping ETC. so I fitted this size USA made with no trouble -H 7.5" x W 6.8" x L 13.9" The type I managed to get on super special about half price was braille AGM Hi Performance - Endurance Series B 10049 - Shop around - do research for best brand - I was told that Super-Charge quality seems OK at the moment.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi Transporter,

Thanks again for your input...appreciated.

Where could I pick one up in Melbourne?

Cheers,

Adrian

Users Country Flag
    Hi Transporter,

Thanks again for your input...appreciated.

Where could I pick one up in Melbourne?

Cheers,

Adrian
    I've got mine from Independent Battery Distributors. Also any Bosch Service centre should have one.

Thanks everyone for your contributions. Will shop around and price suggested batteries and let you know what the outcome is tomorrow.

Hi everyone,

My starting woes are not battery related. I didn't realise but, fortunately, my brother obtained RAVC membership not long after buying the car. Great! I figure that they can diagnose and see why it's slow cranking; if it's something more sinister, like the alternator. They came out and tried to jump start...nothing. It hadn't been starting properly because the starter motor was dying and has now died! The only upside is that it's in my driveway!

Likely cost to fix? Is this classic VW ownership?

Users Country Flag
    Hi everyone,

My starting woes are not battery related. I didn't realise but, fortunately, my brother obtained RAVC membership not long after buying the car. Great! I figure that they can diagnose and see why it's slow cranking; if it's something more sinister, like the alternator. They came out and tried to jump start...nothing. It hadn't been starting properly because the starter motor was dying and has now died! The only upside is that it's in my driveway!

Likely cost to fix? Is this classic VW ownership?
    How many km the van done?
    I do a lot of short trips, many start ups and the starter motor is still fine at 120,000km. Of course you could have a faulty starter motor, that's why you should see a mechanic who is able to test the starter motor as well as the rest of the vehicle.

Transporter. 125,000 Km. You are absolutely correct. Ironically, we had booked the car in for a service for next week. Now it stuck in the driveway. Ringing around today to price for someone to fit a new starter. Have been told that best to go with new rather than rebuild.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast