Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Battery for 2006 T5 2.5TDI?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ades View Post
    My battery is on the way out,.......
    fitted is a DIN85 MF Century battery, CCA of 780 so it looks to be a good battery, not cheap at $300 at supercheap but still cheaper than going to battery world for DIN85LH AGM Century battery at $509...
    Found this thread via a search and don't see any point in starting a new one.

Reason for the search is my T5 battery voltage falls away from 12.68 after a charge to 12.34 in 7 days. Still starts the vehicle but the battery is 5.6 years old so will replace now rather than wait.

So, current battery is OEM 000915105DK, $346 in my hand in Jan 2015. A look up of the Part No says the battery is 450CCA. Replacement cost from VW is $416 plus GST for OEM, or $316 plus GST for OEM Economy range. Hence my interest in the posts above.

I have the luxury of looking around for the replacement so will start at Supercheap for the mentioned above DIN85 MF. I figure some might be interested in the price of the OEM item for comparison purposes.

Iza

Quote Originally Posted by Izabarack View Post
    Found this thread via a search and don't see any point in starting a new one.

Reason for the search is my T5 battery voltage falls away from 12.68 after a charge to 12.34 in 7 days. Still starts the vehicle but the battery is 5.6 years old so will replace now rather than wait.

So, current battery is OEM 000915105DK, $346 in my hand in Jan 2015. A look up of the Part No says the battery is 450CCA. Replacement cost from VW is $416 plus GST for OEM, or $316 plus GST for OEM Economy range. Hence my interest in the posts above.

I have the luxury of looking around for the replacement so will start at Supercheap for the mentioned above DIN85 MF. I figure some might be interested in the price of the OEM item for comparison purposes.

Iza
    Hi Iza,

I see you are in QLD. I had my T5 serviced at Volkspower Burwood,
    Melbourne recently. For comparison purposes they are distributing the SaiL brand of battery (Asian brand for OEM replacement). Mine was replaced for $270. Two year warranty. My last Century battery from the RACV lasted six years.

Regards,

Scott.

Users Country Flag

Thanks for the Heads up, Scott. Will chase that up.

Iza

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123