Support VWWC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Battery for 2006 T5 2.5TDI?

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Z View Post
    Have been told that best to go with new rather than rebuild.
    If you can afford it - yes.

By the way it might be worth asking a VW dealer about the rebuilt or "Economy" parts that have been
    getting rolled out, if available they can save around 33%, and still have VW warranty, I was shown an
    "Economy" part and could not tell the difference from a new one.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncrotek View Post
    I was shown an "Economy" part and could not tell the difference from a new one.
    Because the real difference is inside.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    The RACV breakdown mechanic who diagnosed the problem advised me that the RACV membership entitled me to a free tow up to 30 kilometres, because it wouldn't start. I had called around and found an Auto Elec in Springvale who is going to fit a new one. He managed to locate one from a supplier in Box Hill. (Apparently the only new one he could find in Melbourne. Others were available, but from interstate). So I had the car towed there and expect to pick it up late Tuesday. Going to cost just under $500 to supply and fit. Valeo brand with 12 month warranty.

Users Country Flag
    It sounds good, as long as it is, just a starter motor. Otherwise you just wasted $500.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi Transporter. According to the RACV mechanic, its definately the starter. After trying to jump start it a few times unsuccessfully, you could even smell it! It makes sense that its the starter as when I had previously tried to start it, there was nothing on the first attempt, just lights and some clicking, second attempt a slight crank over, then the third attempt it would fire. if it was a flat battery, wouldn't the sequence of events be the opposite? More cranking with the first attempt, lastly just lights and clicking? Anyway, will know for sure Tuesday afternoon. Somehow, I'm expecting that the battery will require changing too. That would be the cherry on the cake!

I'm starting to think that VW ownership goes hand in hand with RACV ( or Insert appropriate state based acronym here) breakdown membership!

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Because the real difference is inside.
    There was no difference in this case, the part was new - VW have their reasons for this system - I suppose you know
    what they are.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncrotek View Post
    There was no difference in this case, the part was new - VW have their reasons for this system - I suppose you know
    what they are.
    I guess you always get what you've paid for.

This is an old thread, revived

Just got a new starting battery for the T5, a SuperCharge Gold MF66. Same as previous.
    Got just under 6 years out of the old one.Hoping for similar again.
    Recommended. And not real expensive(paid $200 for mine)

(deleted other post in wrong thread)
    Steve
    04 T5 auto 2.5L TDI

Users Country Flag
    It looks like DIN65. There is enough space for bigger battery as well, if someone has a need. You can go with DIN75 or even DIN85.

Users Country Flag

My battery is on the way out, it wont hold charge over two - three days of not driving, the alternator thankfully was done by the previous owner a couple of years ago. i think a new battery is inevitable sadly.
    fitted is a DIN85 MF Century battery, CCA of 780 so it looks to be a good battery, not cheap at $300 at supercheap but still cheaper than going to battery world for DIN85LH AGM Century battery at $509...

cheers
    Ades

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast