Support VWWC

Thread: Bed Board and Mattress options.

Users Country Flag

Bed Board and Mattress options.

Hi humans,
    New user here with a new T5.1 Multivan 4 Motion.
    I'd like to get hold of a rear sleeper extension board and a 3 peice mattress topper.
    I've found the VanEssa system but $2k for the board/topper is too rich for my blood.

Are there other options available within Australia? Most of the ones I find are in UK and I am in WA.

Thanks for any advice!

Quote Originally Posted by tenrohle View Post
    Hi humans,
    New user here with a new T5.1 Multivan 4 Motion.
    I'd like to get hold of a rear sleeper extension board and a 3 peice mattress topper.
    I've found the VanEssa system but $2k for the board/topper is too rich for my blood.

Are there other options available within Australia? Most of the ones I find are in UK and I am in WA.

Thanks for any advice!
    I went diy there is an oem flexboard i think it's called. Yes, most options are imported.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by heyasam View Post
    I went diy there is an oem flexboard i think it's called. Yes, most options are imported.
    Did you import some legs and cut your own board? That is what I am thinking of doing.
    Will need to explore mattress options also. The Vanessa one looks the part but over a grand for a mattress is pretty intense!

For
    Quote Originally Posted by tenrohle View Post
    Did you import some legs and cut your own board? That is what I am thinking of doing.
    Will need to explore mattress options also. The Vanessa one looks the part but over a grand for a mattress is pretty intense!
    Just the little T screw things from kombi life to attach to the multivan rails. Then 3 bits of plywood, some hinges and aluminium angle. Getting the shape of the top board a bit trial and error but happy with it now. Then for mattress got foam from kings and cut it down, plus a memory foam double mattress topper on top of that. Rolled all up with sheets blankets and pillows closed with luggage straps. So bed only takes seconds to deploy.