Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto window open/close no longer works on my 2012 T5.1

Auto window open/close no longer works on my 2012 T5.1

Any suggestions welcome folks!

I have had the battery in and out a couple of times in the past few days. I've been rearranging a compressor under the bonnet and have replaced the original battery with a larger one. I've done no new wiring.

I've put everything together again and find that the front windows no longer lower (or raise) when I use the remote.

I expect the issues has arisen because the ECU has been without power and forgotten things, though I have previously had the battery out for varying lengths of times and not had the issue.

As I say, any suggestions welcome.

Thanks folks.

(Incidentally, is anyone interested in how I mounted an ARB compressor in front of the firewall, below the windscreen and above the engine compartment. I have a couple of pics.)
    Last edited by transparu; 18-05-2017 at 05:58 PM.

Well blow me down.

The battery has been back in for a couple of hours and all of a sudden the window open/close function is working again!

Makes me feel a bit stupid - but then again, there are plenty of things about this vehicle that have been unexpected.

2012 132kw T5.1 TDI DSG 4Motion LWB Transporter, locking rear diff. Macron Campervan conversion. ECB bullbar. Milford towbar and rear light protector. Seikel Desert HD 30mm lift kit.

If it makes you feel any better, I had the exact same experience a few weeks ago!

Can you post a pic of your compressor mount? I'm about to mount mine under the passenger seat (like Trakkadu). I've mounted a 135AH battery under the driver seat.

Hi Jonathan_k.
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    Have a look at a new thread entitled "Mounting a Compressor in a T5".
    I have found out how to bore people.

2012 132kw T5.1 TDI DSG 4Motion LWB Transporter, locking rear diff. Macron Campervan conversion. ECB bullbar. Milford towbar and rear light protector. Seikel Desert HD 30mm lift kit.

Users Country Flag
    In the manual there is a procedure to make it work straight away.
    Otherwise it will return to auto after a few goes.
    I just wait, myself.
    2018 Crafter Runner
    T5.2 6sp manual.

Just pull the up switch for each front windows after closing and hold for a few more seconds that resets the auto function .

Users Country Flag
    We were bush camped off the side off the Plenty Hwy the other night and had been stopped for 2 or 3 hours when out of the blue both front windows just fully opened. I closed them and they haven't done it since. I have put in down to dust and corrugations????

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    Just pull the up switch for each front windows after closing and hold for a few more seconds that resets the auto function .
    I've hit that a few times myself when tinkering with various things. Sunny has hit the nail on the head, roll the window all the way down and all the way up and it resets the end points (or something like that) and lets the auto function work again. AFAIK it's been like that since the auto function was invented.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Big Bug,
    What a GREAT place to travel.
    We went across a few years back whilst my T5 was still within warranty. Just as well - a bolt disappeared from a read brake caliper and the other one sheared. We were left at Atitjere (where we could call VW Assist). They promised a tow truck within 90 mins. It arrived 16.5 hours later. BUT, what a great road . . I envy you as I sit here right now planning a trip from Brisbane through bits of Western Qld, to Darwin and then down the WA coast, Adelaide, Melbourne and back to Brisbane.)
    Safe travelling in whatever vehicle you are using.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by transparu View Post
    Big Bug,
    What a GREAT place to travel.
    We went across a few years back whilst my T5 was still within warranty. Just as well - a bolt disappeared from a read brake caliper and the other one sheared. We were left at Atitjere (where we could call VW Assist). They promised a tow truck within 90 mins. It arrived 16.5 hours later. BUT, what a great road . . I envy you as I sit here right now planning a trip from Brisbane through bits of Western Qld, to Darwin and then down the WA coast, Adelaide, Melbourne and back to Brisbane.)
    Safe travelling in whatever vehicle you are using.
    Transparu, travelling in my 2014 T5 4Motion. So far the only problem has been self inflicted, turned too sharp coming out of a NP campsite and creased my sliding door and behind it on a bollard. Total stupidity on my part. Anyway you have a great trip because we are.

Still thinking whether to take out 2 more years warranty or not. $4,000 is a lot of money, not sure if it's worth it.

Bruce CQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast