Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aust. Volkswagen Campervan/Motorhome List

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a company in the Melbourne area to supply and fit 2 windows to my VW T5?

Cheers
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by GTI-VW View Post
    I emailed Trakka to see if they could help but got no reply. I guess even one California getting into the country is the thin end of the wedge. I have another contact who may be helpful. Rather than a huge modification to bring the California down to the Australian Standard (retro style copper plumbing and a bottle of LPG stuffed into a door on the side) I may have to use a diesel or other liquid fuel stove. Hopefully I can use the stainless steel base of the stove and just insert new nozzles.

Anyone interested in more detail on the California can view the VW self study module here http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_329.pdf
    Hey guys I deal with a large European Company called Webasto we buy their sunroofs but they also manufacture Diesel Cookers and heaters they have an Australian Office in Kirrawee Sudney they may be able to help . here is alink to their Cokker for campers Webasto Caravan :: Diesel Cooker X100 Regards Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    Hey guys I deal with a large European Company called Webasto we buy their sunroofs but they also manufacture Diesel Cookers and heaters they have an Australian Office in Kirrawee Sudney they may be able to help . here is alink to their Cokker for campers Webasto Caravan :: Diesel Cooker X100 Regards Howard
    I have a Trakka with the Webasto diesel stove and it's great. I especially like the fact that it runs from the normal fuel tank. I also have the Webasto diesel room heater.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHumour View Post
    I have a Trakka with the Webasto diesel stove and it's great. I especially like the fact that it runs from the normal fuel tank. I also have the Webasto diesel room heater.
    any idea of where this can be purchased in australia ie not thru trakka, perhaps the going rate...?

Kampacons - Custom Motorcampers

KAMPACONS - Home

Customised conversions
    Tailor made to your specifications.

We will sit down and design a conversion then provide a free quote with realistic build times and competitive pricing.

Only quality products and materials used.

Call Paul to have a chat about your upcoming conversion.

Users Country Flag
    anyone had dealings with PRO RV on central coast NSW...?

the mob I had originally planned to get my conversion done, and was told would have available time after the financial year closes, is suddenly too busy to help with our camper build. with very little choice in victoria, it looks like we have to head interstate...

might have to start up my business at this rate...

Users Country Flag

Any fitout businesses like Drifta in the Melbourne area?

Hi all,

I like what I have read on this forum about Drifta and they seem like a business you can trust.
    I am hoping to do a semi fitout of my van.
    But it's such a big trip to make to get the work done.
    I haven't been able to find anyone else closer to home.
    Anyone have any suggestions?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    VW Transporter T5 MY10 Van M 6spd 2.0DT 103kw White. Long wheel base. Standard roof?

Users Country Flag

V-Gear in Melbourne for Windows, Seats, etc

I know it's a long long time ago, but just thought I'd answer it for anyone else who might end up here.
    V-Gear (Veh-Quip ) in Amay Crs Ferntree Gully VIC do windows (and many other things) for many of the VW dealers.
    I know I got my windows and seats done there through a dealer.
    And I often get referred back to them when I go to other suppliers looking for things like say towbars and fitouts.
    They are (or were) a family business.
    It's with mixed feelings that I mention them though.
    There was an issue or two with my installation that shouldn't have happened and it was one of those things where maybe I was just unlucky...and the dealer didn't improve things at all.
    At the time I spoke to V-Gear about my future requirements and they seemed keen and said they prefer dealing direct with customers rather than second hand through a dealer.
    But on 2 occassions since then I have made contact and then never heard back from them. The last time they basically told me they really just deal with fleets.
    So it's probably more a story of where not to go as an individual customer...or maybe it's just me
    VW Transporter T5 MY10 Van M 6spd 2.0DT 103kw White. Long wheel base. Standard roof?

Maybe they have some sort of agreement with the dealers and do not want the customer to find out how much mark up the dealers make on any conversion and believe me they do !!

Users Country Flag

Thumbs up Drifta Camping Kitchens (Gloucester NSW)

Well I finally did it.
    Made the trip from Melbourne to Gloucester NSW to get my van fitted out by Drifta Camping Kitchens and it was worth every kilometre of the 2,500km round trip.

My fit-out is for business purposes and quite specific.
    Have a fold up table over my existing rear seat, side shelving unit, rear drawer/table/hatch unit, bed base boards, and all side panels/ceiling insulated and lined.
    They worked with me over the phone and by email to get the basic design done and quoted.
    Because of my specific requirements they had to see the van to do the work - so I stayed for 2-1/2 days and got the lot done - there was a nice motel across the road which was also very convenient.
    Beautiful place Gloucester - and must be the most pleasant industrial estate you could ever hope to work in
    Nothing but courteous staff, who took pride in their work.
    High quality workmanship and finish.
    So for someone like me who can't do that work myself - certainly nothing like the professional finish from Drifta - and hasn't got the time anyway - it was perfect - very good value for money I felt too - and supporting Australian jobs.
    Some photo's attached.
    And happy to provide any more specific details anyone might want.

Certainly put to shame the 2 businesses I tried to deal with down here - that were less than 10km from home!
    Even if they didn't want to do one off's, why couldn't they just tell you that up front, instead of wasting your time as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aust. Volkswagen Campervan/Motorhome List-inside01-jpg   Aust. Volkswagen Campervan/Motorhome List-inside02-jpg  

Aust. Volkswagen Campervan/Motorhome List-rear01-jpg   Aust. Volkswagen Campervan/Motorhome List-rear02-jpg  

Aust. Volkswagen Campervan/Motorhome List-rear03-jpg  
    Last edited by aSimpleLife; 19-10-2013 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Missed a bit

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast