Support VWWC

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aust. Volkswagen Campervan/Motorhome List

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by petenkaz View Post
    ...Does anyone know whether the seat can be moved towards the door on the other floor tracks, allowing for permanent cupboards to be built in behind the drivers seat?
    Hi Petenkaz,

Late reply but yes you can fit the seat in the tracks close to the sliding door. To do so requires the removal of the plastic trim piece at the front of the seat. The trim fouls the passenger side B pillar as you try to engage the start of the tracks.

Cheers, MM

Users Country Flag

I & D Industries

http://www.ianddindustries.com.au/

U4/ 3 Richard Cl
    North Rocks NSW 2151

A lot of the "big names" that are not interested in partial conversions or even parts supply are nominating I&D.

Users Country Flag
    You can add RV Sales from Talvor Motorhomes to the list, it seems that they've taken rather well to the Crafter range.
    "Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity" R. Heinlein: Time Enough For Love

This is my offering, Lance slide on camper, fitted to a T5 transporter complete with 4 motion and rear diff locks.

Shifter
    Sadie - 08 VW Dual Cab T5 Transporter 4 Motion (128kW)

Users Country Flag
    Hi Shifter,
    what springs and shocks do you have at the back?

Peders best. Played about with air bags, but they were not right. Took it to Peders and they fixed it up with correct rear springs and shocks.
    Shifter
    Sadie - 08 VW Dual Cab T5 Transporter 4 Motion (128kW)

I would like to add at least one VW T5 California to this list IF I can solve the gas certification issues. Does anyone know someone in Sydney who is a certified gas fitter and also helpful ?

Quote Originally Posted by GTI-VW View Post
    I would like to add at least one VW T5 California to this list IF I can solve the gas certification issues. Does anyone know someone in Sydney who is a certified gas fitter and also helpful ?
    Trakka MAY be prepared to help, although they'd probably prefer you bought one of their conversions. I believe they were involved with some of the initial research on certifying the Cali for VW Australia. Alternatively, you may be able to replace the stove with one of the diesel fuelled ones that Trakka now use, and do away with gas altogether. They're not cheap units I believe, but may be cheaper than the alternative.

Brian
    2007 Trakkadu 4Motion

Users Country Flag
    DRIFTA have started doing camper fitouts in the same style as their camp kitchens.

DRIFTA Camping Kitchens - Van and Boat Fitout

Luke Sutton
    7 Lowe St
    Gloucester NSW 2422

Factory Phone:
    02 6558 2328 (BH)

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
    Trakka MAY be prepared to help, although they'd probably prefer you bought one of their conversions. I believe they were involved with some of the initial research on certifying the Cali for VW Australia. Alternatively, you may be able to replace the stove with one of the diesel fuelled ones that Trakka now use, and do away with gas altogether. They're not cheap units I believe, but may be cheaper than the alternative.

Brian
    2007 Trakkadu 4Motion
    I emailed Trakka to see if they could help but got no reply. I guess even one California getting into the country is the thin end of the wedge. I have another contact who may be helpful. Rather than a huge modification to bring the California down to the Australian Standard (retro style copper plumbing and a bottle of LPG stuffed into a door on the side) I may have to use a diesel or other liquid fuel stove. Hopefully I can use the stainless steel base of the stove and just insert new nozzles.

Anyone interested in more detail on the California can view the VW self study module here http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_329.pdf

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast