Thread: Aussie T6 VW Transporter video review

Users Country Flag

Aussie T6 VW Transporter video review

There are quite a few VW Transporter owners on this forum so when I saw this new review video on the T6 I thought some of you might be interested in watching.

Naturally as the T6 model is now 5-6 years old they moving from original owners into the second hand market. This video goes through the good and bad of each model and talks about known mechanical issues etc.

This is the same person/YouTube channel that reviewed my Golf GTI a month or so ago.

2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Well I thought this review might have sparked some discussion amongst T6 owners....I was wrong.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    I guess it’s only transporter, but it’s not a very flattering review.
    Basically everything mechanical is bad….
    Just goes to show, need to do more research not base decision on a single review.

I thought it might be helpful for my new Multivan purchase to find a little more info about the new model, but it wasn’t so helpful for me.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristian G View Post
    I guess it’s only transporter, but it’s not a very flattering review.
    Basically everything mechanical is bad….
    Just goes to show, need to do more research not base decision on a single review.

I thought it might be helpful for my new Multivan purchase to find a little more info about the new model, but it wasn’t so helpful for me.
    No, this guy specifically does reviews on cars which are usually 3-6 years old and moving on to their 2nd owners. There are so many reviews on brand new cars, but this guy (who used to do review on new cars) has found a bit of a niche and specifically does used car reviews to try and help people to buy better cars. His Youtube channel is growing quite quickly so there are a lot of people interested in the used car reviews.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    No, this guy specifically does reviews on cars which are usually 3-6 years old and moving on to their 2nd owners. There are so many reviews on brand new cars, but this guy (who used to do review on new cars) has found a bit of a niche and specifically does used car reviews to try and help people to buy better cars. His Youtube channel is growing quite quickly so there are a lot of people interested in the used car reviews.
    Fair enough.
    Thanks Lucas.
    I didn’t go searching more of his content, but that makes since about some of the comments then.
    Might have to have a bit of a search and a trawl one night

Regardless of what model of the late T series his comments are based on even earlier T series had their fair share of problems as well . One particular comment I wholeheartedly agreed on was service schedules , If I had followed VW,s schedule we would have had a blown engine by now . Service Manual said the Timing belt -drive belt should have been done at 120000km , I jumped the gun and had ours done at 95000 and as reported by the workshop the drive belt was only a couple of thousand kays from disintegrating and for those that know it will get dragged into the timing belt with resulting catastrophic engine destruction . Thankfully several Watewrcooled members reported about the "robustness kit " that VW did NOT bother to tell owners about and I had one fitted when our belts were done .