Support VWWC

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any other T5.1 owners received recall for Takata airbags

I had mine done during a service a few weeks ago.
    Got a letter in the post the next day about it from VWA then on Monday I got the following text message about it.

Hi Banjo,

Your 2010 Volkswagen Transporter contains a Takata airbag that is subject to a MANDATORY RECALL issued by the Australian Government because it is FAULTY and COULD KILL or SERIOUSLY INJURE you or other people in your vehicle. Please contact us on 1800 504 076 or your nearest authorised dealer ASAP to arrange for your airbag to be replaced FREE OF CHARGE.

Volkswagen Group Australia

Should I call the dealer or just ignore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ignore it , because when they did the new airbag they would by law registered the VIN as having been done so it would take time before the relavant authorities would get that info from the dealers . Also most recalls have a recall sticker attached to the van somewhere to signify to future owners that a recall has been done .

Users Country Flag
    Got notice in mail last week for 08 multivan which I sold two weeks ago, I’ve just bought a 12 multivan, anyone getting recalls on ‘12 models

Ours was replaced today , Cricks at Springwood did the job and vacummed the van as well . I shouldn't have washed it on Saturday as they might have washed it as well !!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234