Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4motion w/ Diff Lock Transporter TDI 340 vs 450 for Beach driving

Users Country Flag

In the same situation regarding the 340 or 450. Having never owned a transporter interesting to read people's thoughts. Also torn between the LWB or SWB off road capabilities.

Users Country Flag
    hey tiagodanda,

i know its been a while since this thread was created, but i was wondering if you made a decision on which engine you went with in the end 340 or 450. recently migrated to WA and keen on putting in an order for either a T6.1 LWB or T6.1 California Beach but still doing research (as its a costly project) on whether its good enough for the aussie roads/terrain as my key reason for one is to be able to tour aus and see the beauty of this country including the beaches.

With the research I have done so far, IF I was to take the plunge and order one...over time I'd like to get the Seikel lift kit with Koni specials (highly recommended from UK reviews), and then put some 235/70/r16 AT'S on it which would give an approx total lift of 234mm (based on Seikel info)

any feedback on how you've got on or if you have any wise words of wisdom, that would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by veedub_4_life; 23-05-2022 at 04:54 PM.

Users Country Flag

I've had T5 4Motion with 128kW 5cyl engine and it was great, so the new one should be even better. It had more traction than Hilux. Always get the features you want when ordering, since its harder and cost more to retrofit later. Though you may wait longer for the factory order.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12