Thread: 4 Motion without much motion

Users Country Flag

4 Motion without much motion

Hi all, recently purchased a 2011 4 Motion.
    It has been a bit hard to start cold but is then fine for the rest of the day and I
    have been really impressed with its performance and fuel economy.
    Last night coming up my steep driveway the coil and engine lights came on.
    Engine performance dropped away so much it could'nt make it up the driveway.
    Engine sounds like it is running on 3 cylinders. Before I send it off to VW service
    I would appreciate any thoughts. One thing I did notice when I bought the van
    was the lack of a coil light when you first turn the key.. Saw it last night night for
    the first time.. just wont go out now!
    Suby powered 5 speed T3 Trakka, Yeti 4x4 Tdi. ( now sold) Poverty pack 2017 Tiguan tsi DSG

Where are you located?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Tweed Heads.
    Suby powered 5 speed T3 Trakka, Yeti 4x4 Tdi. ( now sold) Poverty pack 2017 Tiguan tsi DSG

Users Country Flag
    Hard to say without a Vag com scan, but if the car turns over on start at normal speed ( battery ok ), hard starting is lack of fuel. So too is the coil light never comes on a lack of heater coils would make cold starts in a cold climate harder, but certainly not impossible. FYI the light only stays on for a split second, they heat up very fast, you may just miss it.

I'd expect something major has put you in limp mode, could be a jammed up EGR valve, a full DPF, an injector down, but takes something pretty major to cause limp. In the T6 era of 2.0 litres, I'd be betting DPF related, but caused by what is the question.....

Any change the DPF particle filter light is on?
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

DPF more dirty 3 letter words for VW woes , I drove my 2004 T5 for the first time in a few months yesterday [ stay at home worker these days ] as soon as I hit the highway I hit the cruise control button ? nothing DOH then I noticed EPC light on the dash was on .
    The EPC Light can turn on for a number of reasons, including:

Faults with the traction control
    Throttle pedal issues
    Cruise Control problems
    Engine malfunctions
    Engine speed sensor shortage
    Other sensor issues, such as the mass airflow sensor or brake light switch .
    After driving to a job 45 kays away sob sob missed my cruise control I switched off and came back to van 30 minutes later and all was well again EPC gone cruise control working again . No idea what was sending it into a tizzy but the van was driving as normal except for cruise control.