Thread: 2018 T6 Recall EGR Software

2018 T6 Recall EGR Software

Have recently been asked to bring my T6 Transporter in for a factory recall & was advised that it's for the EGR software update. I only have 2 more months of warranty remaining & the car has been trouble free & going great for the past 3 1/2 years apart from an ABS sensor light on the dash.
    I guess my main worry is that the update will make engine performance & longevity worse. I've always entertained the idea of deleting the EGR & getting a 'tune' once warranty expires.
    Anyone else get a recall on their T6 for this or have any advice?

Thanks! Matt
    Current: MY18 TRANSPORTER CrewVan, Indium Grey
    Previous: MY10 Tiguan 2.0TSI, Silver Leaf, APR StgII tune + many mod's

I have given thought to the EGR and DPF delete thing in our T5.1 as after reading some reports here I am of the opinion it will be something I would do if it ever plays up . So far after now nearly 12 years and 140000kays it has behaved itself, on the odd occasion an engine check light comes on but goes away after a few days or so its a random occurrence but never stops the van .I was told by one mechanic that removing and blocking those components could result in possible damage as he was of the opinion that the cylinders would get hotter than they were designed for . Many other reports say better economy and better performance so others might have more info . PS just remember it is illegal to remove those parts so beware .