Thread: 2015 transporter with rcd510 plays Bluetooth audio but without sound

Users Country Flag

2015 transporter with rcd510 plays Bluetooth audio but without sound

The car had bt as standard with a 210 headset but I swapped it for a Bosch rcd510 out of a tiguan.

Upon pairing with a new phone the bt menu on unit will accept audio playing from the phone, be able to control the phone and show track id (also on instrument cluster) but have no volume.

The 2nd time being paired with the car the option of bt audio disappears and is unable to play at all.

Is there a way around this?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Have you tried removing the phone from the Bluetooth list and resyncing the phone. If still no joy unplug the head unit and plug back in again.
    Last edited by Husky310; 23-12-2016 at 06:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Will try that, but is it a normal function to be able to play bt audio like I said stock? Or did I come across an anomaly?

If it was just volume I would check the phone as in some models they have a separate volume control in the Bluetooth system . You have a sort of master volume for ring tones etc and then separate for media playing and then Bluetooth .

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    If it was just volume I would check the phone as in some models they have a separate volume control in the Bluetooth system . You have a sort of master volume for ring tones etc and then separate for media playing and then Bluetooth .
    Yep I second this, check your phones volune, we just got our Passat and the volume control on the phone must be set to max independently of the system volume when using Bluetooth otherwise you'll switch back to radio and blow your eardrums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's nothing to do with phone volume, I've tried with 2 different phones as well. Anything elsw?

When you say you have used two phones did you check the Bluetooth volume it could be the same on both phones , sorry to doubt but it caught me out on my phone and I got pretty peed off until I realised that the Bluetooth volume had to be turned up .

Nah thats not even half the problem. The option to even play bt audio disappears after the initial bt connection, every time after that it's blank and can't be selected (when the phones paired with car)

Sorry for insistence of the volume thing , so have you removed the car head unit from the Bluetooth menu on the phone . Then allow the phone to find the head unit again , also if the head unit has the same function remove that at the same time .On our units there is an ability to remove the paired phones so you can start from scratch maybe a conflict with previous paired phones also how many phones are within range of the head unit . I know most head units will only pair and connect with one at a time .
    Ah one more just popped into my head what phone are you using , my sons head unit used to connect to his IPhone and then suddenly next day no connection . Seems Apple those mongrels sent an update of software to their phones and from that day his phone would show up on the screen but would not connect for audio . The funny part was when ever he got in his car my phone message would go off as it would try and connect to his car before he drove away good old Samsung still worked perfectly . Maybe if its an Apple the software has been changed , just an idea.