Thread: 2015 Multivan - Would like to install reverse camera

2015 Multivan - Would like to install reverse camera

Hi Guys

I just bought a 2015 multivan, really happy to finally get one, Its the earlier model with front and rear sensors but no reverse camera. Does anyone know any after market ones that I can buy that are realitivly easy to install. Or I am open to the slightly later t5 satnav dash upgrade if that is an easier way to go. Let me know your thoughts !!!!

Based on Gold Coast Australia if that helps.

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Studiomoto View Post
    Hi Guys

I just bought a 2015 multivan, really happy to finally get one, Its the earlier model with front and rear sensors but no reverse camera. Does anyone know any after market ones that I can buy that are realitivly easy to install. Or I am open to the slightly later t5 satnav dash upgrade if that is an easier way to go. Let me know your thoughts !!!!

Cheers
    I installed a Garmin sat/nav + camera in my 2014 MVan. The camera ‘talks’ to the screen via rf signal. Ie no wire from back to the front of the MVan. Have a poke around on the Garmin site.

The Garmin one would obviously save having to upgrade the head unit , but you then have to add the extra screen in front of your line of sight or slighty to the side . With our T5 I installed an all in one headunit comes with rear camera and also crash camera GPS built in {and upto date mapping unlike the VW ones } Bluetooth connectivity for all platforms { no coding required } Just Plug and Play , Internet connectivity at hot spots . Plays DVD,s and all other media types , steering wheel controls optional to originals or you can add one for $35. Now it is Chinese but it has been in the van now for nearly 4 years and no issues , its an exact fit to the dash and gives you a bigger screen than the VW ones as well . I do get some stick from the purists but my quick response is that these units only cost around $450 and at that price you could if needed change it every year and after 5 or 6 years you would still be in front of a factory one in functions and technolgy . .

I have an Rns510 dab unit for sale. All works, you'll just need a dab aerial.

Pm If interested.

YouTube

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

hey Ozgti

tried to PM but got the error message that you have too many unread PM's and you need to clear some space.

Curious about the Rns510 and price. cheers.

Try now.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Studiomoto View Post
    Hi Guys

Cheers
    Hi, did you manage to solve your reverse camera question? I have just bought a 2010 Multivan with sensors but no camera and keen to install one

Users Country Flag
    I have gone down this path. Ended up fitting a rns 510 then used a aftermarket rcv camera with a converter. This work for about a year then started to fail. In the end I ordered a aftermarket vw camera and the factory wiring. Has been going strong for two years now with a much better picture. The head unit was an import from Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Husky310 View Post
    I have gone down this path. Ended up fitting a rns 510 then used a aftermarket rcv camera with a converter. This work for about a year then started to fail. In the end I ordered a aftermarket vw camera and the factory wiring. Has been going strong for two years now with a much better picture. The head unit was an import from Europe.
    So both camera and wiring from VW? You don’t happen to know part numbers do you? Thanks

G'day scotinoz and Husky310, I am keen to do this also I have a 2015 Multivan and want a reverse camera, did you guys have the details of the wiring and camera unit??