Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2011 T5.1 Transporter Flywheel woe

Users Country Flag

As I mentioned before, we had the heavy duty Amarok belt fitted as it's supposed to be the better option but I'm interested in the robustness kit. I don't believe I've ever had one installed... but I'm not sure. VW did all the servicing for the first 100,000 or so until I moved to Melbourne but a quick look through the old receipts doesn't seem to show anything called robustness or any variation of that.

But my recent receipts do include a Timing belt cover (updated) 03L109147D as well as a new tensioner, idler pulley and relay roller bearings. (also water pump and compressor have been done too). So It sounds like all the bits that need doing have been done in the last 12 months or so at the very least.

When ours went the first time I limped it the few km home before having it towed. The second time I cleaned out as much belt as I was able the second time and drove it to the workshop. It's a pig without power steering, but it's not all that far. Playing with fire... yes. But it worked for me and saved another tow.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

How much was the timing belt cover , from memory the part I had fitted was around $85 , VW apparently they recommended it to Amarok owners but not to Transporter owners go figure .

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    How much was the timing belt cover , from memory the part I had fitted was around $85 , VW apparently they recommended it to Amarok owners but not to Transporter owners go figure .
    $74 + GST according to the invoice

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12